pietro maximoff x reader

word count: 2,442
type: fluff (ig that's what you would call it)
warnings: umm classic avengers violence, slight reader x steve but not really, also y/n prob has anger issues but we don't discuss that
a/n: idk how i feel about this one but who really cares :)

——

everything started to shake. and that's when i got the alert.

sokovia was literally floating.

people started to scream and run away. i looked outside. the first think noticed was a red flash outside my window. iron man. the avengers.

if the avengers are here, that means they pay for any damage. i don't need to bring anything with me.

i grabbed a gun that i kept around my house and went outside.

it was pure chaos. everything was mayhem, and fucking robots were everywhere.

"shit," i breathed out.

"all citizens report to the town square. escape pods in the town. square. all citizens report to the town square. escape pods in the town square," a voice rang out.

a man with a bow and arrow was ducked behind a huge block of concrete. i ran to him.

"what's happening?" i asked him.

"ma'am, you need to get to the town-"

"don't make me ask again, robin hood."

the man looked at me with resentment before swallowing his pride. "ultron, an AI unintentionally created by tony stark, is trying to lift sokovia enough so that when it is dropped, the whole planet will be wiped out."

"jesus christ," i breathe out.

arrow boy sighs. "will you go to the town square now?" he asks me.

"no," i say, standing up and walking off.

i can hear mister katniss evergreen yell at me but i ignore him.

i notice a drone flying, shooting at some people. i lift my hands and focus all my energy on redirecting the bullets.

they hit a nearby cement block. "town square! go!" i yell at the people, who scramble to the escape.

i turn around noticing a kid trapped. the man with the arrows ran over to him, scooping him up and shielding him with his own body.

that's when i noticed another drone with guns at the ready. everything seemed to be going in slo motion at that point. i noticed a silvery-blue pass in front of me.

i ignored and brought my hands again, trying to stop the gun from even shooting. i hear a bullet ring out, but it doesn't hit anyone.

not even the man with silvery hair who ran in front of the boy and his protector.

"I NEED ALL OF YOUR ASSES TO MOVE BEFORE THE BULLETS ACTUALLY HIT YOU!" i yell at them. their heads all snap towards me. my hands are still up in attempt to stop the bullets.

"IF YOU ASSHOLES WAIT ANY LONGER, YOU'RE GONNA GET SHOT!"

that's when they all moved. the man with the arrows gave the kid to the silver-haired one, who ran off in a blur with the kid in his arms.

i finally let the bullets hit the ground, but it's too late.

the world goes blurry, then dark.

but before i can hit the ground, i see the silver blur.

"who are you?" a sokovian accent calls out.