penelope garcia x reader

word count: 666 (creepy)
type: fluff
warnings: none (?)
pronouns used: she/her
a/n: i love love LOVE garcia, but i feel like i don't write for her very well. idk that's just me.
——

"the goddess of all things information, how can i help you?"

i laughed a bit. "hey, garcia. did you send the list that hotch asked for?"

i heard her type on her keyboard before she responded. "it's being emailed to everyone as we speak!"

"thank you, penelope," i say.

"of course, darling."

i hang up, turning back to everyone. "garcia said she emailed it to everyone."

everyone opens their tablets, looking over the list.

"we'll give this list to the police chief. see if she thinks anyone stands out in particular."

i nod, grabbing my tablet and walking over to the police chief.

——

"hey, sweets, thank you," i say to garcia over the phone.

"of course, darling. anytime," she says happily before hanging up.

i sit down across from morgan, tucking my phone into my pocket.

"sweets?"

i look up, meeting morgan's suspicious eyes.

"what?" i ask.

"you called penelope 'sweets.' i'm usually the one to do that," he says.

i chuckle. "is the derek morgan jealous?"

"no, i'm not jealous. just very curious," he says.

"oh, it's nothing. she called me... i think it was baby one day by accident, so i just called her darling so she wouldn't feel nervous. that's it."

"sure. you're definitely not head over hers for your coworker," morgan says, sipping his coffee.

i playfully kick his shin underneath the table, causing him to laugh.

"don't you dare, morgan," i say.

"i shall pass no judgement," he says, smiling. "you know me."

"i do," i say. "and you know me."

"i know you pretty well," morgan says. "well enough to know when 'sweets' is more than a way to make a friend feel comfortable."

i kick his shin again, causing jj to look over to us. "play nice!" she yells.

——

i poured the coffee into my favorite mug, placing the pot back into the machine.

"no, derek. it's too early in the morning for an interrogation."

"come on, babygirl. i need to know."

"there's nothing to know!"

i turn around, spotting penelope walking towards the conference room, morgan on her trail.

"i'm just curious. i thought platonic flirting was our thing. i'm not jealous, i just want to know," he says.

penelope shakes her head. "no."

"come on," morgan says. "if you just want to friend flirt with y/l/n that's perfectly fine-"

"maybe i'm not friend flirting," penelope says, turning around quickly. "maybe i'm real flirting."

morgan raises an eyebrow, his eyes briefly flicking to mine before they go back to penelope's.

oh shit. he knows i'm listening.

"really?" morgan says.

"yes," penelope says, shoving the papers into morgan's chest. "and i'd really appreciate it if you didn't grill me anymore."

just as she's walking away morgan calls out, "you know, she probably feels the same way."

i turn red. morgan. i told you that in confidence.

penelope laughs. "sure she does," she says.

morgan points his thumb in my direction. "ask her yourself."

at his words, penelope's skin turns white while mine turns a bright shade of pink.

he chuckles, giving the folders back to penelope. "i'll leave you two to sort this out," he says, winking as he passes me.

"you'll pay for this, morgan," i whisper to him just before he's out of earshot.

penelope walks over to me, rubbing her neck. "it's perfectly fine if you don't feel the same way and i don't want to make you feel uncomfortable at all with anything i ever-"

i place a finger on her lips, smiling lightly at her. "if you're okay with it, i'd like to take you to dinner soon so we can real flirt."

the color returns to garcia's skin, and her usual bubbly smile reappears. "i'd love that," she says.

i smile. "after this case. i'll figure something out while we're away, okay?"

she nods, smiling even wider. "okay. i'll get the rest of the team."

i watch her walk away, an extra pep in her step.

god, i love that girl.