sam wilson x reader

word count: 276
type: fluff and like sarcastic angst
warnings: cat, cussing
a/n: ik it's really short but who cares. it's cute.

——

"drop it."

"absolutely not."

"sam, put the goddamn cat down."

"no. mister jenkins is mine."

"mister jenkins could have rabies."

"i'm willing to take that risk."

"we can take him to get vaccinated. just put the fucking cat down."

sam frowned, looking at the cat in his arms. he then looked up at me.

"y/n/n, can we keep him?"

i groan, pinching the bridge of my nose in frustration. "yes, sam. we can keep mister jenkins. we just need to take him to the vet to make sure he's healthy. just place the cat on the ground."

sam smiles, carefully placing the cat on the ground. it immediately lays down at sam's feet, obviously smitten with the man.

"where did you even find that cat?" i say, pulling out my phone to call the vet.

"he was in a dumpster outside of that fried chicken place i told you about."

i shook my head in amusement, laughing to myself. "of course. where else would you have found him?"

——

"MISTER JENKINS IS OFFICIALLY MINE!"

i laughed, watching sam smile down at the cat in his arms.

"mister jenkins is officially yours," i repeat, unlocking the car.

"i'm so happy," sam says, opening the car door and sitting in the passengers seat with mister jenkins still cuddled up in his arms.

"who knew a bird man would love a cat so much?" i say, buckling my seat belt and starting up the car.

"hey! hey! hey! you better watch your mouth," sam warns, pointing an accusing finger at me.

i laugh, pulling out of the vet's parking lot. "okay, mister falcon."

"mhm. that's what i thought."