read description (anti-draco?)

word count: 1,597
type: angst
reader's house: gryffindor
warnings: malfoy being a dickhead
song: good 4 u by olivia rodrigo
a/n: it's not really a ship one shot. it's more a "malfoy sucks. let's yell at him" one shot.

——

"i'm breaking up with you," he said.

i just stared at him blankly for a few seconds. "what?" i finally muttered.

"i'm breaking up with you," he repeated.

"why?"

"i'm not getting anything from our relationship. it's not worth it anymore."

i stood there, tears stinging at my eyes.

he stood up and looked at me coldly. "tell all your friends we're taking a break. got it?"

i nod.

i hear him mutter a "pathetic" but i don't comment on it.

"y/n/n," he calls out.

"y/n/n."

"y/n/n!" hermione says, shaking me a bit.

i snap out of my daydream and turn to her.

"you haven't eaten any of your food. and you know how i feel about that," she says.

i look down at my plate. it was true. i had touched a single piece of the lunch i had been given.

"sorry. just thinking," i say, picking up my fork and placing a bit of the salad in my mouth.

"were you thinking about that waste of a space who ruthlessly broke up with you right before christmas?" ron asks, venom laced through his words as he stabs his meat with the fork.

"y/n/n, a bit of tough love," hermione says. "you need to get over him. he's not worth all this."

i nod. "i know. it's just kind of hard," i say. "i mean... it felt so cold-blooded."

"it's probably because he's just a transfigured albino snake," harry says, taking a sip of his pumpkin juice.

all 4 of us laugh at his comment.

they had been trying to distract me from the whole situation since i had burst into the gryffindor common room with tears streaming down my face.

they'd known about my relationship with draco. it had been strange to them that he'd want to date a gryffindor, but the inevitable heart break was still painful.

when all of us were done with lunch, we stood up and walked out the great hall.

that was, until we saw draco laughing with some of his friends. he was smiling and joking. it wasn't a genuine smile; it was one of those smirks turned smiles.

i noticed him and practically froze.

harry notices my stop first. "y/n/n, what are you-"

that's when he noticed draco, too. he directed hermione and ron's attention to him as well, causing all three of them to start swelling with anger.

i scoffed softly to myself. "remember when you said you wanted to give me the world?" i say to draco, but not loud enough for him to hear.

hermione grabs my hand and drags me away. "we need to leave before you actually kill him."

——

i was standing in the library, scanning the shelves for a book on mermaids for defense against the darks art. i turned to walk into an aisle when i saw something horrible.