Chapter 34

» Chapter 34 «

I feel nothing, nothing but shock. The shock slowly replaces with embarrassment as Shailene and Theo just stand there while staring at Harry and me. I clutch the smooth material of Harry's blazer in an effort to lessen my embarrassment which obviously does not happen.

"Theo, can I speak to you outside for a minute?" Harry asks in a stern tone. No, you fucking idiot, do not leave me in here!

Theo opens his mouth to say something but clears his throat. "Uh, yeah sure!" Harry entangles my arms from around him, exiting the bathroom with Theo.

Shailene and I stand there in utter silence, doing nothing whatsoever to break the extremely awkward silence.

"You're not in love with Leigh-Anne, are you?" Shailene asks and I shake my head.

"Not at all," I say.

"You're in love with Harry, right?" Shailene asks and I nod. "Why?"

I cannot help but become angry with her simple, one-worded question. How can she just ask why I love Harry? You do not see me going up to Beyoncé and question why she loves Jay Z.

"Why do you love Theo?" I retort, crossing my arms over my chest. I sort of understand where she is coming from. I mean, not many women like Harry or at least his false identity.

Shailene blushes from embarrassment. "I... I don't love Theo. We've only been together for four months." Harry and I have been together for six...

I quickly explain to her that Harry's innocent, Des is the real dickhead, we are trying to gain equality around the world and blah, blah, blah.

Shailene turns red from all of this information, probably embarrassed or ashamed to have judged Harry so quickly just like I did.

"I didn't think that... he would be innocent of his crimes," she whispers.

"No one did. And he did an awful good job at hiding it," I say with a nod. "And the secret needs to be kept a secret. So please don't share this information with anyone else."

Shailene nods her head, a strand of her short hair falling down onto her forehead. She quickly swipes it back with the rest of her hair. "My lips are sealed." She pretends to lock her lips, throwing away the key. (A/N: *cue Stand Down by Little Mix*) I chuckle at her small action.

"So what's the plan now?"

"I'm not exactly sure," I say with a shrug. "Harry is trying his best to change a few Laws for starters. That's all we can do now."

Shailene nods. "Do you two have any bigger plans. You know, with the SI?"

"Not really, we don't have anything in mind but our initiative is to have all of the women free and to have equality around the world," I say. This whole situation is similar to when there was segregation and discrimination against blacks many years back in history. It is almost as if black people represent women, trying our best to fight for equality but also trying to save others and white people represent men, trying to keep every single Y chromosome to be more dominant. But, in the end we have equality with blacks, whites and other races. And this will be the outcome between women and men. We will all be equal, one sex will not dominate the other.

Shailene opens her mouth to say something but the door opens, ceasing her upcoming words. Harry peeps his head into the room, a small smile at his lips. I cannot help but laugh at how stupidly adorable he looks.

"Sorry to interrupt ladies, but Jade, we've got to go," Harry says, not being able to take off that grin on his face. What is he smiling about?

"Oh, all right," I say. "I'll see you later, Shai." She nods and smiles. Harry opens the door wider, Theo stepping into the room with a wide grin as well. What is up with these two?