Chapter 20

∞ Chapter 20 ∞

My jaw drops, staring at his face in confusion. What the actual fuck?

"W-What?" I stutter. When the hell do I stutter?

"I am not repeating myself," the Curly Haired Bitch grunts.

I open my mouth and close it. Then I open it again. "What the fuck is wrong with you?! Why the hell would you throw in love? Are you really that sick to the head?"

He clenches his jaw. He looks as if he wants to punch someone. "Who the hell do you think you are?! I do love you, you fucking idiot! Dammit, why the hell would you think otherwise?!"

"First of all, I am Jade Thirlwall. And second of all, I fucking hate you. Its all your fault that the SI exists!" I exclaim. Is he that fucking stupid?

The Curly Haired Bitch tugs at the roots of his hair in frustration. "I am not the one behind the SI!"

My eyes widen, my lips parting in shock. "Then... But-"

"My father was and still is behind the SI!" he exclaims.

"W-What?" I stutter yet again. God, I fucking hate stuttering.

He sighs, rubbing his forehead in frustration. "Just... sit. I'll explain."

I sit down on the bed and wait for him to continue.

"When I was young, my father always despised women. He found them worthless and stupid, only there for pleasure," he starts and I all ready want to punch something. "When I was two, he was arrested for abusing Gemma, my mum and me. Before he left to prison, he threatened to kill not only my mother and sister, but the whole population in London. He said he would have thrown bombs all over the city, getting help from his friends obviously. As a kid... I was terrified. So he told me the only way to keep everyone safe was to put all of the women in separate homes. I... I thought keeping the women in separate homes from their families would keep everyone safe. It didn't. Long story short, now that he is back he can take all of my power and use it for his pleasure. I have been protecting this city for years, I cannot have him take everything from me and ruin everything."

My lips part again. "So... none of this is your fault?"

The Curly Haired Bitch shakes his head. "No, remember those men from that meeting from when I brought you to the Building?" I nod. "Well those men are in charge of pretty much everything. I recently found out that they work for my father, that's why I have no idea of what happens inside the SI."

"So all you know is that women are shipped to men for pleasure, that's it?" I ask and he nods. "So you don't know that we are beaten when disobeying the rules, we don't receive an education and we have the worst hygiene provided for us?"

The Curly Haired Bitch looks at me oddly. "N-No... I didn't think it was... this bad."

"Wait, why are you telling me this? Shouldn't you tell someone else? Like Theo or the other Big Four?"

He shakes his head. "No, even if Theo is a close family friend, he is too gentle and kind. The other lads are the only ones other than you and me who know."

"All right, but you didn't answer my question. Why are you telling me this?" I ask again.

The Curly Haired Bitch sighs again. "I do not usually go through the records of the women in the Salute Institution but I decided to one day. I was done with the shit I have been putting up with that my father kept giving me. So I saw everyone's records. They were all mostly clean, a few getting into fights. But not you. You fought for rights, risking everything just so you can get your point across. You are a leader, Jade. And you are the perfect woman I was looking for. You can end this all, and I want to help bring this whole thing down."