Chapter Nine

I was so glad JCPenny had carts

I was so glad JCPenny had carts. I was really trying to be good about not buying a ton of shoes because let's be real. Once I hit the more designer stores I was going to go absolutely nuts. So I limited myself. I got two pairs of ankle booties, one in black and one in a nude color, I got two pairs of strappy wedges, one with blue, green, and white stripes, and a pair of white with a straw weave on the heel. The last pair I got from here are a pair of actual black leather boots. Caine picked out a few pairs of shoes for himself, now the bottom of the cart is covered in shoe boxes.

"It's a good thing we are parked right outside." I jab at Caine and he snorts. We head over to the men's section, where I pick out more sweatpants in different colors and patterns, Caine picks out some for himself. The same ones I pick out just in a bigger size. There isn't much past pajamas, in the men's section at least, in the women's section I take a quick look. A few things stand out from a sunflower yellow jumpsuit with thin tank top straps, a belt at the waist, and big brown buttons, to a wine-colored suede moto jacket. I picked out some simple dress pants in a few colors, then found a few spring-themed dresses I actually liked, most of them had a bunch of floral print or lots of lace. I picked out quite a few to try on. I added a few cardigans to the pile in ranging shades of nude and white.

I pick out a bunch of jeans and jean shorts and a couple of other things before heading to the changing room to try on what I can. At this point Caine was getting a little antsy, he wanted to see everything, mostly because he didn't pick out anything that required trying on.

After trying things on, I grab a few sets of pantyhose and tights, then we head over to Sephora since we were already here.

Caine was weighed down with bags as we again walked to the car. He had all the shoes, and a large bag with clothes in it, I had the rest. Once everything was in the car, I took a second to sit on the edge of the trunk, Caine came up to me and hugged me, surprising me with his gesture. I felt his hands under my jacket against my back, and he took a deep breath. "Is there no way to hire someone for the back and forth?"

I shook my head. "For this mall, I don't think so, when we go to the more high-end places we should be able to get someone to help us with everything." I slip my own hands under his jacket and shirt to run my hands over the muscles on his back. Who knew back muscles would be sexy? "I'm not sure about Hollister or Macy's, I got more clothes from JCPenny than I thought I would."