Chapter Twenty-Eight

Having Tank was like having a broody teenager

Having Tank was like having a broody teenager. As soon as we got back we told him which rooms he could pick from, he went straight to one and slammed the door behind him. Walter and Ester had gotten back just after us, Ester had taken off to clean even with the warning there was a grumpy werewolf in the house. Walter had started preparing things in the kitchen and Tabitha was still here. Apparently, she just took calls and meetings in the living room the whole time we were gone. Now we had Maggie on face time, as she and the contractor walked through the house pointing things out.

At some point Tank comes out of hiding, I didn't expect him this soon though. He slinks out to the living room Tabitha's brows are up as she looks him over. I point over to Tabitha. "Tank this is Tabitha, my consort. Tabitha this is Tank."

"Isn't consort a sexual thing?" Tank asks and I whip my head over to Tabitha, pointing over at Tank.

"See what I mean?" I say and she frowns.

"It's a shortened way of saying I'm an assistant slash secondhand when it comes to business both Amina and human."

Nathan snorts next to me. I'm squished between him and Bjorn on one of the small couches. Where Bjorn, Tabitha, and I were face timing Maggie, Nathan was messing around on Tik Tok. "It's just a title kings and queens gave to one of the people they trusted the most."

"Thank you," Tabitha said pointedly to Nathan.

"Is someone making food? I can smell it." Tank said tilting his head to sniff the air to make a point. He's right, whatever Walter is making smells good.

"Walter is making lunch, want to sit with us and wait? Should be done soon." Tank looks around at the small living room, Tabitha comfortable on a chair we brought in and me smashed between two of my men. Tank gingerly sits on the edge of the second fancy couch in the room.

"Who's Walter? And what are you doing in here anyway?" He asks both questions looking around at the room like he was just now paying attention to his surroundings.

"Walters our cook..."

"You really have a cook?" Tank asks with a frown interrupting me.

"I have four Blood with another on the way. I can't cook for all of us all of the time, and I don't expect the Blood to do it."