Chapter Nineteen

Walking down a busy sidewalk changes when you have a large man next to you and one behind you

Walking down a busy sidewalk changes when you have a large man next to you and one behind you. Everyone gave us a foot or two if they could as we walked, even in the stores. The only people to approach were workers at said stores who were more than happy to help us with anything we needed. I luckily had Nathan to do most of the chatting, I wasn't used to all this attention from the workers. Or from the others shopping who were giving our group a funny look. The shopping passed by fast, we were in and out of stores, less buying and more just having a good time looking around. We finished with the stores on the mile, and the Best Buy I had asked Nathan to stop at. I was cuddling up to Bjorn in the back seat of the car as Nathan drove. Sure the back seat was big enough for Bjorn, Vinny, and I, I didn't have to be glued to Bjorn's side through the drive. I couldn't help it. I wanted to touch him even if it was innocently.

He wasn't stopping me anyway, in fact, he had his arm firmly around me pulling me flush to his side. His thumb moved up and down on my hip as he watched out the windows alert for anything. Even though we were in a moving car.

"It's getting too late to eat out at a restaurant." Bjorn points out and I follow his eyesight to the horizon that's turning orange. "Thralls only come out in the dark, like old tales of vampires they cannot be in the sun without burning."

"They don't burst into flames sadly," Nathan adds. "It's more like a chemical burn that develops as they stay in the sun."

"Is there a way we can tell if there are any thralls around?" I ask them, Nathan shakes his head.

Bjorn is the one to answer. "If we could feel or sense them in some way we Queens would just hunt them down. It isn't until they are within twenty feet of you that you know what they are."

"We can just order for dinner then." I lay my head on Bjorn's shoulder. He moves so I can comfortably lay my head on his chest. All the activities yesterday and today had worn me out. I'm used to watching Netflix and playing video games all day. Not running around shopping all day. It felt good though, to have two days of just shopping around, something I never had gotten to do. I was always to upset at the fact that I had to watch every penny I spent. And that made me think back to some of those times, with family members.