Chapter Twenty-Three

Sitting in the fancy living room I'm curled up on Bjorn's lap, a blanket pulled around us

Sitting in the fancy living room I'm curled up on Bjorn's lap, a blanket pulled around us. Tabitha had shown up early, 8 am early. But she showed up with a team of people and enough food for a small army. Which wasn't far off once you add in the human security guards that I invited in to have breakfast. At first, I didn't want strangers in the house, but if they were guarding us I didn't want them to be strangers, so I'd feed them and talk to them a little bit.

Tabitha has hooked up her laptop to the large TV mounted to the wall above the fireplace. Now she was pulling up a website page with photos of a house. "This one is small but cute. Just north of Missoula in a small semi suburb area, and it's on a creek."

It is a very cute house, a fox red color, and one, maybe two stories. The outside of it gives me 70's vibes by the architecture, as she scrolls through photos it looks a little more modern. It's open with bright cream-colored walls and high ceilings, but also homey with a large fireplace in the middle of a decent-sized living room.

"Keep in mind we can alter things or add onto a house," Bjorn said, Tabitha nodding agreeing.

"I really like it, but that's not the right house."

"I thought so but I'm going to show you everything I found just in case," Tabitha said and switches to house number two. This house looks much bigger, the front has just large windows covering the entire side of the house, a porch on either side and a driveway that wraps around to the two-car garage in the back. "The house is only two years old, every feature is new. This one is up on a hill and overlooks a great view."

Most of the photos are from the outside, showing off said great view. When it gets to the inside... it looks okay. Like someone tried to meld super classy rich people's stuff and a log cabin. I shake my head, not that the house wasn't nice in its own right, it just wasn't for me.

"This next one is actually in Idaho but very close to the border," Tabitha said, then hesitates. "It's just over a hundred years old, used to be a bed and breakfast, and needs a lot of work."

"I'm okay if it needs work, I love the idea of being able to design things to suit our needs." I encourage her, and when she puts it up on the screen I have to take a second. The house is black with a light colored metal roofing, light gray stones around the foundation, and trees surrounding the house. The windows that aren't boarded up have bright white blinds and these old white flower pots under the second and third story windows. The porch is large but covered with the second and third stories above it and a high roof.

Two photos later show the back, an extension on the first floor to the right, and a balcony on the second floor right in the middle. The photos on the inside left a lot to desire, plain dusty wood floors, wood paneling walls, and lots of thick wood beams. The kitchen is very large, made for the large bed and breakfast, it just needed a complete do over. The bedrooms were simple, big enough for a regular-sized bed and dressers possibly. A closet to each, and a bathroom for every three bedrooms, except for the very large master that had a bathroom to rival the size of the one I have here.

The photos change to outside again, showing a falling apart greenhouse, then a longer building off to the side. I see that it's a second house, two bedrooms, one bathroom, also needed a lot of work.

"That is horrific," Nathan says coming into the room.

"Go back to the first photo," I said. Tabitha does and I look to Nathan. His head tilts as he considers the house. "It would need a shit ton of work."

"Black and white?" He asks pondering the pictures as Tabitha goes through them again. "How big is it and the property?"

"The main house is over 12 thousand square feet, on multiple acres of property. Five stories including the basement, 26 bedrooms, 10 full bathrooms, and 3 half baths. Those can be merged for bigger bedrooms or taken out to make new rooms if you wanted." Tabitha says and hums as she looks over the pictures too. "It's rather secluded, but not far from a main highway and a large creek."

Nathan looks over to me, questioning, and the fact that he hasn't said anything bad about the main house says a lot. "I think that's it."

"It needs work," Bjorn said. "It's big enough for all of us and more to grow, a small house on the main drive in that would be perfect for security."

"It needs new windows, ones more open to let more light in," Nathan said looking back to the photos of it.

"We also need to see if some of those pillars can come out," I add. Tabitha starts working on her laptop, then types note furiously. "It is also the perfect time of year to build that greenhouse back up, maybe even add to it. I love growing things but have never had space to do so."

"I just need to make a few phone calls and well have the house. I will also have Maggie pull up all the blueprints and go tour the house with a contractor and inspector." Tabitha looks excited as she taps away at her laptop.

"Also I think you can call that guy and his wife, the cook?" I ask and she looks over at me. "I'd like to meet and talk to them. It would be great to have help with a big house like that."

She gives me a bright smile clapping her hands together. "Walter and Ester will be ecstatic."

With pictures of the house on the TV still I feel happy with that decision and I can't wait to see the property. I feel like once I'm actually there, I will fall in complete love with it. I'm also going to love transforming this house into the perfect house for me and my Blood. Bjorn hauls me up the stairs to leave Tabitha to work on getting the house, and to set up all the other little things I probably haven't thought of that goes into buying a house. Instead of the bedroom, Bjorn takes me up to the top floor, where Vinny was with all our new toys. Two new laptops, three Nintendo switches, tablets for everyone, and extra headsets, earbuds, mouses, and keyboards. All are still in the boxes waiting for me to rip everything open and set it all up. I look around and point to my laptop bag, my phone next to it. I was going to make it a day of just setting up all of these things, then maybe we would go to the grocery store so I could make a large dinner.