Chapter Twenty

Nathan parks in the garage, I slip out of the car and turn before my Queen can scoot away and grab her

Nathan parks in the garage, I slip out of the car and turn before my Queen can scoot away and grab her. I put her purse in her lap, an arm under her legs, and one behind her back. Pulling her out of the car holding her small form I close the door with my foot as I pass. She doesn't object to this or I'd put her down, but she seems a little shocked at my move. If I could I'd carry her everywhere we went.

"Bed or kitchen?" I ask her. "Or up to the rec room to set up your new toys?"

She makes a hmm before she says. "I think I want to try out that big tub, I can order food in it."

A smile curves my lips and I give her a short nod. "Of course, would you want to eat in it too?"

She gives me a short laugh as I head up the stairs. "No, maybe one day well eat in the tub but I want to do other stuff before the days over."

"Other stuff as in?"

"I was thinking of making a new email, with my new name. I want to minimize everything I can from my old life, I don't want people going after and bugging my old family. Well if something ever happens."

She lets out a sigh, I squeeze her. "I don't know about the humans but it would be good to distance yourself and cover your tracks as best you can. If a Queen wants to hurt you enough they will go after your old family."

Luna bites down on her bottom lip, thinking about what I said. Was it a little harsh? Maybe. But if she cared for any of her human family she needed to know that some Queens could be ruthless and go after them. It would be a smart idea to make a new email. "Also you should delete any pictures of yourself on social media, at least ones connected to your old name."

I walk into the bedroom and set her down on the bed, she moves over to where her laptop bag sits. "I think I only have Facebook with old pictures. I never posted pictures of myself online."

"Order food, I'll start the bath. I can set up a spot for your laptop."

She lets out a long breath. "Right. The bath."

I could see she was overwhelmed, maybe I wouldn't set up a spot for her laptop. A few moments to relax and enjoy the moment would be good for her.

 A few moments to relax and enjoy the moment would be good for her