Chapter Twenty-Seven

Mason the shifter and apparently long-time friend of our Queen turns to leave the room, giving us a salute on the way out

Mason the shifter and apparently long-time friend of our Queen turns to leave the room, giving us a salute on the way out. Our Queen goes to one of the chairs, she looks back at me and I move to her. I had let her do all of the talking, she is the Queen and I have no relations to these shifters. When I get close enough her arms wrap around mine, I can feel through our bond she calms as soon as we touch, and that calms me. She sits in the nearest chair, which is right next to another one I sit in.

"This is Bjorn my Alpha." She looks over to Nathan and Vinny. "The cute long-haired one is Nathan, the brutey one is Vinny."

Vinny scowls at that, Nathan throws him a smirk. I'm sure we won't hear the end of it from Nathan later on. Luna looks back to the alpha shifter. "And Keith, my dad's best friend I grew up with him like he was my uncle."

That made more sense, most Queens wouldn't even be able to step onto the property of a shifters hangout. They would be body blocked on the way. The big man meets my eyes, I hold them for a heartbeat before moving my eyes down and nod my head to him. This was his home, I would be respectful to make this easier on our Queen. I see his head dip in acknowledgment and he says. "A lot of things have changed."

"They have." Luna agrees. "I'm still getting used to all of it."

"When did you find out?" Keith asks.

"A few days ago," Luna answers him.

"Do you have a..." He moves his hand around in a circle. "Home thing."

"A nest?" She asks and laughs. "Not yet, I've found a house but it needs work before we can move in."

"Do you need security? We can help with that." The alpha of this pack is offering to help a Queen with security? I didn't think there would ever be a day the shifters would offer help to Amina, or vice versa.

She shakes her head but stops to think for a second. "We have human security guards at the moment, armed ones. I would love to have you guys over though, the house I'm at now has a backyard big enough for a grill out."

I can see the alpha's interest peak as he sits forward. "Grill out? We will have to come by at some point."

A woman comes through the doorway, with blond yellow hair, heavy on makeup, and a tight shirt that shows off her chest she heads straight over to Luna. My Queen gets up to meet the women's tight hug.