Pride Month Special #1

[372A High Street:]

Hemlock eating breakfast with their four lovely kids and their charming wolfdog.

Edward: (eyes on his phone while chewing cereal) So, Sir Dad? May Pride Parade sa may Rose Street ngayon, sasama po ba kayo?

Lance: (furrows brows) Why the fuck would I walk under the heat of the sun?

Edward: Pride Parade po, Sir. It says, people participate in pride marches to celebrate LGBTQ social and self-acceptance. Ayaw n'yo po bang mag-celebrate?

Lance: Yeah, well, I want to . . . kaso mainit sa labas.

Arthur: And I burn easily under the sun.

Edward: Magpayong ka.

Futhark: Oh! May napanalunan po akong rainbow na payong sa grocery, gusto n'yo pong hiramin, Sir Arthur?

Arthur: (turns to Lance) You need to think of more reasons to not leave the house today.

Edward: Dali na sir, sama na kayo.

Lance: Edward I'm sensing a certain keenness from you. Bakit mo kami pinipilit? May balak ba kayong gawin sa bahay at gusto n'yong umalis kami?

Edward: No!

Joyeuse: No?

Futhark: (firmly) No, Joyeuse.

Joyeuse: No.

Joyeuse: Just to be clear, we really have no plans, right?

Futhark: Wala tayong gagawin sa bahay, Jo!

Joyeuse: Are you going to decorate it?

Futhark: Sir Lance, gusto po kayong sumama ni Edward para may kasama s'yang matanda.

Lance & Arthur: (raises an eyebrow)

Edward: It's not like that, raraket po kasi si Macey at magbebenta s'ya ng juice at rainbow cupcakes at kailangan n'ya ng magtutulak ng kariton n'ya.

Joyeuse: You're a multi-millionaire, why are you doing this to yourself?

Edward: Dahil walang taga-tulak ng kariton si Macey?

Joyeuse: Why don't you just pay someone to do that for you?

Edward: And what, let them spend the day with Macey? Hell no.

Joyeuse: Why don't you buy all of Macey's cupcakes so she doesn't need to work for the day?

Edward: But I don't like cupcakes. They're too sweet.

Joyeuse: You're hopeless. (to Futhark) And you're coming with him?

Futhark: Sinong tingin mong magbubuhat ng juice?

Edward: At saka kasama ang buong Coronado Chronicles.

Arthur: (kicking Lance's foot under the table) (whispers) Think of an excuse, now!

Lance: Wait, wait, why is Coronado Chronicles coming?

Joyeuse: Yeah, aren't Excalibur and Clarent straight?

Edward: Watch out daw sila. Mambubugbog sila ng maririnig nilang mambu-bully o magbibigay ng homophobic remark. Plus you don't need to be a member of the LGBTQ to attend. Sometimes it's to tell people you're an ally.

Joyeuse: Ally, huh, are they going to a war?

Edward: Against social injustice, yeah.

Futhark: At saka pinilit ni Zwei si Excal na sumama para may papasan daw sa kanya kapag napagod s'yang maglakad.

Lance: I'm not surprised Zweihander wants to go. Pride parades are colourful, everyone is happy and loud . . . that's like a Happy Meal for him. Oh, and some people give roses, free hugs, free flags, and most especially, free food . . . that was really fun.

Arthur: How did you know, have you been to one?

Lance: . . .

Lance: I was a police officer, I was once assigned to one to make sure no one gets hurt.

Arthur: Uh-huh.

Edward: Will you come with me today to make sure I don't get hurt?

Lance: You're with Macey, she can beat up anyone for you.

Edward: But what if it's a mean adult?

Lance: You have Clarent with you.

Edward: But what if it's a huge man?

Lance: You have Excalibur.

Edward: What if somebody bombs the place?

Lance: Nobody will bomb Rose Street, Edward.

Edward: What if the police arrested us? Paano kung sabihin nilang nagra-rally at nagpo-protesta kami?

Lance:

Arthur:

Lance: Right, Arthur and I are coming with you.

Arthur: (sighs) There goes my plan of finishing Skyrim today.

Joyeuse: You know you can say you can't come because of community quarantine restrictions.

Arthur: This is a side-story and a Pride month special chapter, shut up.

Lance: Jule, aren't you coming with us?

Joyeuse: I-

Joyeuse: I can't, I'm finishing the Rim of the Sky on behalf of Arthur.

Arthur: You're not touching my video games.

Edward: And you don't know how to play Skyrim!

Joyeuse: Well then let me think of another reason why I'm not walking under the heat of the sun with a rainbow flag.

Lance: You're not required to wave a rainbow flag, idiot.

Edward: Yeah, because you're waving a pink, purple, and blue flag.

Joyeuse: Why would I wave the flag of the state Espírito Santo in Brazil?

Lance: (puts a concerned hand on Joyeuse's shoulder) Bring a white flag with you, son. Just to let the people know you're not there to fight, even though you sound like it.

Futhark: So we're all going? : D

Edward: Ikaw, Lae, sama ka?

Laevateinn: Superman will make sure nobody gets hurt.

Laevateinn: Also, Lance was lying. He went to a parade with Henry.

Arthur: (turns) Why were you there with Henry?

Lance: I lost a bet and I had to help him pack free food!

Arthur: >->

Joyeuse: I'm sorry, you people are aware you're rich, right?

Laevateinn: Henry is not.

Lance: Speaking of Henry, he's moving here with us next week.

Futhark: Next week?

Lance: Sinusulit daw n'ya 'yong isang buwan n'yang renta.

Joyeuse: Oh great. I'm moving out next week.

Edward: Yeah but you're still coming with us today so chop-chop, everyone.

Arthur: (to Futhark) So about your umbrella . . .