Chapter 22

Mike: No one of us said anything during the flight.I was mad... mad at myself for destroying everything with Britt... damn, I really like the little one.When I'm home, I have to fix it again.I can't let her go.She was something special !! And Brian? He struggled with his feelings.It tormented him to do the right thing.But it made me proud to see how he pulls this off.He must really love Billie... if he's ready to bring Adie back home for him.He's a good person and deserves to be loved just as unconditionally by a man as Billie loves his Adie.

Brian: When we got to Minnesota, we rented a car and drove to Adie's parents... "Hopefully the address is still the same ..." Mike said. "It'll be fine, otherwise we can ask the neighbors." I replied. My mood wasn't the best, but I tried to hide it as much as possible. For Billie... I only have one goal. I have to bring Adie back to him. How? I have no idea. But I will do it. It didn't take long, and we were already there... Mike: "It was a long time ago... 10 years. I still remember the time when we were here with Billie and we had a barbecue with Adie's parents. And Billie spoke of the fact that he would marry her one day right here under this huge apple tree in her garden. It was Adie's favorite tree." I said with a laugh. Brian grimaced... "Yeah... exactly," he replied annoyed. "Sorry... I didn't want to open any old scars. That was stupid from me, I'm sorry" "It's okay... let's just go in" Mike: "How exactly are we supposed to do that? Just ring the bell? ... "

We got out of the car and walked to a beautiful old house. It was a very rustic, old building.It hadn't changed.From the entrance you could still see the big apple tree. Billie & Adie loved to picnic underneath. It felt like a piece of home... Adie was a part of our family.It was like a flashback full of wonderful memories and feelings... life was much easier back then. We weren't that well-known yet or were just about to break through with Dookie... at that time we had our privacy and could just relax. To be honest, I could understand why Adie did break up with him at that time... this rockstar life was a blessing and a curse at the same time... "Michael...?"