Chapter 102

Tre: The next morning we all got ready to fly to Minnesota. Bill only wanted to let go two of us, but everyone resisted... We all want to stand by Billie & Adie during this difficult time. Even though Adie and I had our bad days too, I loved her. We are one family!! The flight went quite smoothly. Bill has promised us to wait to make everything public until we have arrived. We wanted to avoid it that the fans could find out where we were. So nobody would disturb the doctors, nurses or Charlie!! The hospital was only a few miles away from the airport. We just parked at the back entrance when Evelyn came toward us. "Frankiii" she said happily and jumped into my arms. "It's been way too long. And Michael, my darling. How are you?" You can only be happy when you see this wonderful woman. She looked like Adie, only 2 generations older... It was amazing, her hair, her eyes, her cheekbones... you could tell immediately whose grandma she was!! "Where's Billie? And how is Adie? And Charlie?" asked Jason. "Oh, Jason, I didn't see you." Jason laughed and hugged Grandma Evelyn. "You guys have all gotten so thin... do you guys eat enough?" "Yes Grandma Evelyn," we all said like a choir and laughed... "Adie is doing better... Billie has helped her a lot, he's an angel. Charlie is getting worse every day... Billie and I have plans to surprise both of them. They have their 2nd wedding anniversary in 2 weeks. We hope that Charlie will still be with us... and if so, we wanted to organize something romantic for them. You have to help us, guys!!" "Adrienne is married?" Jason asked in astonishment. "Yes, it all happened very quickly. They got married in December 2004 shortly after Billie left... it was a beautiful small wedding with family and friends." "How... how is Billie doing with this? Does he know that...?" Mike asked worriedly. "Yeah..." Evelyn muttered. "It did hurt him a lot at the beginning... but then he talked to Charlie alone. I don't know what they were talking about, but he's been very different since then. It even seems as if Charlie & Billie get along very well... "Now come in first boys, it's way too cold outside. Billie & Adie & Brian are downstairs at dinner..."