Chapter 147

Billie: It was a beautiful summer day, colorful flowers bloomed on every corner in the park as Adie, and I walked hand in hand... After almost 2 years of being continuously sad, I have only seen her smile in the last months... Our little angel Bella brought so much joy into our lives.She also managed to bring us together.Our love was something deep which was always there, but Bella managed to awaken it anew.I loved being her stepfather. She was my little princess... We looked for a beautiful, quiet spot by the lake and snuggled up on a picnic blanket. Adie prepared everything while I was already starting to snack... "I told you to eat something in the morning, you hungry bear!!" she said with a laugh and held me a strawberry. "Mmmh, delicious..." I said as I took a bite... We lie there, comfortably in the meadow. I snuggled up in Adie's arms while she fed me strawberries. We fooled around and talked about all kinds of things. "Do you think Bella is mad that we left her with Uncle Tre & Mike?" "Oh, that'll be fine. I'm sure she'll have the guys under control..." Adie replied with a grin. I couldn't stop staring at her. I was very nervous today because I wanted to ask her an important question... She was about to get something in the basket, when she turned around, I was sitting on one knee, holding a ring in my hand... Adie looked at me shocked, and I started to beg, "Please don't be afraid, honey. I do not expect an answer immediately... I know how much the divorce from Charlie did hurt you... I just want you to know that I have been dreaming of marrying you since I was 18 years old... I love you & Bella with my whole heart. I've never been as happy as with the two of you. Every time you disappeared from my life, this deep scar was there... this scar that had tormented me for years. Only you could heal the pain... Adrienne Ilene Nesser, will you marry me...? " Adie stood there frozen... 15, 30, 45, 60 seconds and no answer... She closed her eyes and tears rolled down her cheek. I was afraid and started to shake. *She will say no,* I thought sadly... She opened her eyes, smiled and said, "Yes, I do... I'm sure we have Charlie's blessings... I love you, Billie..."