Chapter 109

Billie: "Hello, my name is Billie Joe Armstrong... some of you probably don't know me, I'm a friend of Adie's family. I know I'm not welcome here, but that's not the point today. I'd like to say a few words. I didn't know Charlie well, but well enough to know that he was a wonderful person. He took care of the woman we both loved. He was always there for her, although it wasn't always easy... He never left her alone and protected her like a lion. His body might be no longer with us, but I know he will always take care of her from heaven. Charlie, I know that you are here somewhere. I promised you that I would take care of your wife. We all know how much you loved her. I want you to know that you don't have to worry about her. I will never leave her alone. Nobody will ever hurt her. And if they do, I know you will kick their asses from heaven... even if it's me. As I said, I didn't know him well. We were even enemies when we first met. Adie always said that we were like two barking dogs... and that is exactly what we were. Two idiots growling at each other to conquer the lady... We both loved her and neither wanted to let her go. From the first second I saw them together, I knew that he was the right one... Her eyes always shone like diamonds when he was near her. With every word he made her heart beat. Nobody could do that except him... Today I feel stupid when I think about how we attacked each other 2 years ago. I was jealous of the man who saved her life... but today I'm grateful. Thankful that he was there for her for 12 years!! In the last few weeks I have had the chance to get to know him better. And what can I say? I understood why Adie loved him. He was funny, charming and looked very good!! Wherever you are today Charlie... I am only wishing you the best. Rest in peace my friend!! Thank you for listening." As I spoke, I noticed how his family's faces changed... The hatred in their eyes disappeared with every word. His little sister was crying... but listened carefully. I think they did understand how much I regretted everything... and how much I wish that I had never hurt this handsome man... I respected him with all my heart and will forever owe him...