Chapter 87

Brian: We didn't hesitate and immediately made our way to the University of Minnesota Medical Center.Evelyn and Billie sat in the back.Eve talked to him the whole time and told him more about what had happened to Charlie in the last few months. In the rearview mirror I saw Billie sitting there like a stature. His head nodded, but his eyes were full of panic. I knew him too well and therefore knew exactly what was bothering him. He was afraid to see Adie. He knew that he would have to let her go again when it's all over. He was afraid to talk to her about Charlie because he knew he had to break her heart. But he has to do it... except him, there is nobody who would be able to help her. And besides, he felt guilty. For the past 2 years, Billie has cursed and hated Charlie every day. He didn't mean anything bad to him, he always spoke out of jealousy. But he feels bad that Charlie has to suffer so much now. A part of him feels guilty that he insulted him again and again... "We're there," I said as we parked at the entrance to the hospital. We were just about to go inside when Billie stopped us. "hmm?" I asked confused. Billie: This path will probably be the hardest of my life. I have got to break the heart of the woman I love. If I had the choice of breaking all my bones or hurting her, I would always choose to break my bones without hesitation. That would definitely hurt less than seeing her suffer. "I have to do this alone..." "But..." Brian interrupted me. "Please, Brian. It's better if we're alone." "Billie, when his family is around, it can escalate quickly." "I'm not here to argue with anyone. Don't be afraid, I won't provoke anyone. I have to talk to Adie... and... and Charlie." "What why? Billie that won't go well. You..." before Brian could finish his sentence, Evelyn interrupted him. "Don't worry Brian, Billie knows what he's doing." I nodded to both of them and headed for the main door. Brian panicked to leave me alone but stayed with Evelyn in the parking lot. "Call us if you need help!!" he called afterwards. I waved briefly in agreement and went inside. The hospital was huge. It was an emergency hospital where mainly intensive patients were treated...