25. VIOLENT VENGEANCE

𝑨𝑺𝑻𝑹𝑶𝑷𝑯𝑰𝑳𝑰𝑨

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It was cold.

It was freezing cold.

The type of cold that pinches at your skin and numbs the touch.

Eva let the water pour over her body—from her hair to her heels—covering her in a thick blanket of chills. The water washed off all the sweat, the dirt, tears, dust, and the feeling of his hands clasped around her throat.

She was cold, freezing cold, but Regulus swore to see smoke pouring from each side of her head. He had a tight grip around her wrist, one she did not shove off, to keep her from doing harm. Evan had never been as terrified of a girl as he was now, seeing the young witch with a diamond strung across her neck and a wand held tightly in her delicate fingers. Her body was frigid cold but her head—filled with anger—was blazing hot.

Her typically rosy cheeks were a deathly pale, and her warm hazel eyes now begging for revenge. Eva's posture was stiff, contrary to her normally relaxed enamor, which put both of the Slytherin boys on edge.

They both knew she was out for revenge, and neither would stop her. As much as the boys felt protective over the girl, they knew that this was for her to achieve. It was a type of pain and fear that they had not experienced and knew stepping in the way would cause more harm than healing. This was to be her form of closure—and violent retaliation.

Eva would not forget the dilapidated fingers of fear that had curled around her heart in those brief moments; those brief moments that seemed to drag on for eternity. It was something she wished never to feel again. She wished for nobody to ever feel the way she did. Her power over her own body diminished so rapidly, and there was nothing she could do.

She had planted a fake letter penned under a random feminine name in the Slytherin boys dorms. If everything went correctly, that bastard, Jake Evansons, would turn up alone under the willow tree at the Black Lake.

It was late at night, far past curfew, as Eva, followed by Regulus and Evan, quietly pattered through the hallway. Though she pleaded them not to come, the two refused to let her go alone. They promised not to interfere, they were only there to backup Eva if something were to happen.

The girl could not even form a sinister smirk when she spotted the older boy by the large tree. Her face twisted in disgust at him falling for a ploy of tumbling with a younger witch. However, with all the two boys had filled her in about in relation to the seventh year student, she was no where near surprised.

Eva felt even colder as they stepped out of the castle. Her teeth began to chatter slightly, but she had priorities over her warmth. The walk from the school to the lake was brief, especially for the pace Eva was trudging at.

As they found themselves in a closer proximity, Eva motioned for the two Slytherin boys to slow to a stop.

"Wait behind this tree," she instructed quietly, nudging them behind a thick trunk. "Remember, do not interfere, unless something bad happens. Let me take care of it."

They both nodded their heads, showing that they understood. Evan bowed his head, wishing her luck, and Regulus' eyes told her to take care of herself, that he cared. She returned their motions with a sharp nod and approached Jake. Merlin how she hated boys whose names started with the letter J.

"Locormotor mortis," she cast, binding together the legs of the seventh year. He tumbled to the ground, squirming as he tried to unbind his limbs.

His head sharply snapped up, trying to find who the person was through the darkness.

"Lumos," she spoke; she wanted him to know exactly who it was.

"You," he hissed out, his face shifting to a mix between a smirk and grimace. She could not believe that this boy felt like he had any ounce of control left over her.

He reached over to his wand, as his arms were still unbound.

"Expelliarmus," she yelled, casting yet another spell. The wand flew from his grasp and across the grass. It fell into the water of the lake. Good luck finding that, bastard.

"What do you want," he grumbled, turning to face her from his position sprawled across the ground.

She moved closer to him, taking her time with her lengthy steps. When she reached his body, nudging it with the tip of her wand, she bent closer to tell him her answer.

"Multiple things," she told him firmly. "I want answers, as to why you did this to me, or did this to others. I want to know what makes you feel so entitled to mess around with other people without their given consent. I want you to feel the pain you put me and others through. And if I did not know how embarrassing it is to fall victim of a situation like this, I would make you apologize to every single person you hurt, physically and emotionally."

"Well, darling," he drawled, reaching up his hand in an attempt to caress her face.

She did not duck away, that was a sign of fear in her eyes. Instead, she spit in his face. His hands immediately went back down to vigorously wipe his face in disgust.

"Petrificus totalus," she cast, now freezing his whole body. She smiled slightly at the spit that was dripping down his skin, still having a good view of his disgusting face.

"Now, would you like to begin to explain yourself?" she drawled in turn, pushing the mop of hair out of his face threateningly with her wand. A flash of fear crossed his eyes for a second, but his ego quickly regained control.

"I do not owe you any sort of explanation, but really it is si-"

"Ah," she scolded sharply, cutting him off. She sounded almost like a strict mother. "You do owe me an explanation. As someone you touched without consent, and physically and emotionally harassed, I am one of the exact people who you need to fess up to."

When he did not answer her, she stuck her wand in the crook of his neck. He grumbled something under his breath while his face flickered in annoyance.

"As I was saying, it is simple. I want to 'sleep around' as some may say, so I do as I please. Everyone I have come in contact with seems to want it too. We're only both gaining from the same situation. I do not see the issue."

"The issue is that they do not 'want it too'. I did not 'want it too'. Doing something without someones consent is degrading and fucking damaging. You act as if you have so much power, being in a claimed 'evil' house with rich parents. I want to tell you that you are not shit. You can not parade around here like you own the place. You need to respect other people you fucking sick bastard."

"Oh, you little girl, out of your head, near insane over something that has no importan-"

"Do not try to fucking gaslight me you sick son of a bitch," she gritted out. "Furnunculus."

The boy grimaced for a moment before his face began to bubble. Out from his ivory skin bloomed vicious red boils that even Eva was disgusted to look towards at that point.

"You bi-"

"Stupefy!" she yelled finally, sending him backwards several yards.

Minutes later, after gaining back her breath and composure, she approached the clearly unconscious boy. Giving him a swift kick in the side, she left with the last words;

"Do not cross paths with me again, Jake Evansons, or I will make sure you regret it."