9. IMMORAL INCIDENT

⊹.⋆°•*⁀➷ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊 ✧・゚: *✧・゚

𝑨𝑺𝑻𝑹𝑶𝑷𝑯𝑰𝑳𝑰𝑨

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Eva noticed someone move directly below where she was located. She was sitting alone on top of the astronomy tower after hours, like usual, and nobody was supposed to be outside. She peered down to see who else had decided to break the rules that night. To her surprise, it was Severus Snape. An ex-friend of Lily Evans, and the marauder's enemy. He was heading down in the direction of the whomping willow. It took a moment for Eva to comprehend what was going on.

It was the full moon. Snape was trying to catch Remus.

She bolted down the stairs and was met by her older brother James looking equally as frantic. They both ran quickly towards the whomping willow, not speaking a single word to each other. She didn't know how Snape knew about the location, but not only could he catch Remus, he could also get seriously hurt. She and James together stepped between Snape and the whomping willow. 

"Snape, you have no idea what you're doing," James panted heavily, still trying to catch his breath. 

"Oh, so I am right!? Lupin is a werewolf!" Snape grinned broadly.

"I have no idea what you are talking about," Eva responded cooly.

"Come on, Potter," Snape smirked. "It's too obvious for anyone to not know about his lycanthropy. The monthly disappearances, hospital wing visits, those scars across his face. You can't seriously tell me he isn't a werewolf." 

"Either way, you don't know what you're getting yourself into Snape," James growled, but the anxiousness in his voice gave away the obvious. There was definitely no convincing Snape now.

"Ha! Just you wait until the headmaster hears about this. Lupin will be expelled for sure, and if I'm lucky, the whole lot of you will be too. Imagine how all of the staff, students, and parents will react. They might as well remove Dumbledore as headmaster for not noticing he was letting such a thing come to Hogwarts, let alone be a prefect," Snape laughed, and raised his wand at the Potters. 

Before Eva or James could return the gesture, a loud howl pierced through the night sky. Eva's breath hitched as Snape's eyes found the hidden door to the shrieking shack; except he didn't know it was the shrieking shack.

Eva launched herself at Snape, but he had already thrown himself through the door.

"Oh for fucks sake," Eva groaned loudly, before turning to do the same. 

"Eva you can't go, you don't know what you're getting yourself into," James told her sternly but anxiously. 

"I can't let Remus turn into a murderer," she told him before pushing through the door. 

"Snape, get your ass back here!" Eva shrieked. "You're going to get yourself injured, or even killed!"

Severus was in no mood to cooperate. He needed the evidence. Everyone had called him crazy for thinking such a monster would be kept at Hogwarts, and he was so close to getting the proof. 

Once he reached the landing, he cautiously approached the door before him, with the two Potter siblings not far behind. The door was seemingly on its last hinges, trembling violently. Severus put any fear he had behind him and placed his hand on the doorknob. Before he could turn it, the door burst open, sending him a few feet backward. In the doorway where he once stood was a seven-foot-tall grey beast, his fangs showing as he let out a large growl. 

The boy froze in fear, unable to move himself any farther away. He hated to admit it, but the Potters were right, he was out of his mind coming at a time like this. The grip on his wand loosened, and it loudly clattered onto the floor. 

Eva needed to act. She needed to do something before Remus did something he would regret. She thought she was too late, Snape had dropped his wand to the floor, but before Remus could lunge at the boy, Eva jumped on top of him. 

Although Remus didn't know it was Eva. He lunged at the girl and swung his claws across her chest, opening up a large gash. He swung again and slashed her face. The girl let out a large scream of pain as hot tears flowed down her cheeks. Eva was hardly recognizable for she was covered in blood. Her own blood. The werewolf swung once more, and Eva lost consciousness. 

James shakily held up his wand. He didn't want to hurt his friend, but he couldn't let his sister die. He would never forgive himself.

"S-s-stupefy!" he chanted, and Remus was shot back against the wall, similarly losing consciousness as Eva had done seconds before. 

James dashed over to his sister who had blood oozing seemingly from every part of her body. He momentarily forgot about Snape, who scrambled to get his fallen wand, and dashed quickly out of the shack. 

James' heart was beating much faster than what possibly could be healthy, as his younger sisters began slowing down, very much less than what was healthy.

"Stay with me Ev's, stay with me," he muttered frantically, scooping her up into his arms.

After what seemed like ages walking down the corridors of the shrieking shack, he burst outside of the door. Despite the growing burning feeling in his legs, he moved faster. He moved quicker and quicker with each step until he was in a full sprint to the hospital wing with his sister in his grasp.

"Stay with me, stay with me, stay with me," he told her, before bursting into the hospital wing.

Madam Pomfrey let out a large gasp as she saw the condition of Evaleigne Potter. She froze in her spot, unable to move until James heaved Eva onto one of the beds. She quickly rushed over and began frantically casting spells before Eva lost any more blood.

"Oh my, oh my, dear what happened to your sister?!" she muttered in disbelief at the state of Eva's body.

"I-it was Remus," James stuttered. "Snape knows. He could have been killed if Eva didn't step in the way."

"Go tell the headmaster immediately. We cannot have Severus running his mouth. Afterward, I want him to come directly to the hospital wing. As for you, you need to go tell your friends, and you all need to make sure Remus gets back here safely."

"But-"

"Go."