26. SLY SLYTHERINS

𝑨𝑺𝑻𝑹𝑶𝑷𝑯𝑰𝑳𝑰𝑨

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Eva and Evans first "bonding" experience happened to be a quidditch game ━ none other than Ravenclaw versus Slytherin. 

"Personal space, Rosier," Eva grumbled, lightly shoving Evan off her shoulder. She pulled back her game robes that the boy had tucked between his fingers in an attempt to pull her backwards. "You're lucky nobody saw that, I swear you all get away with everything."

Evan opened his mouth to respond, likely a snarky or sarcastic comment, but Eva quickly dashed off before he could. Apparently Eva was good at multitasking, bantering while remaining focused on the game, while Evan was not. 

Evan quickly chased after Eva who had the dark red Quaffle tucked beneath her arm. He positioned his broom in a sideways position, preparing to hit her shoulder-to-shoulder and knock the ball out of her arms. As he came rushing in, Eva ducked, leaving Evan spinning. He fell upside down on his broom before quickly righting himself. 

"Dammit, she is good," he groaned in frustration. 

The girl passed the object to Kamryn, one of the Ravenclaw chasers, and they became a blur of navy, passing the ball back and forth. It was a common but effective move for the two girls to use, and even though Regulus had warned the Slytherin team about the maneuver, they were unable to stop them.

"Ten points to Ravenclaw!" was announced over the loud speakers. Eva and Kamryn exchanged a quick high-five before inserting themselves back into the game. 

Not long after Ravenclaw scored, Evan found himself in possession of the Quaffle. Him and his fellow chasers were in the Hawkshead Attacking Formation, in which the three of them fly in triangle shape to force other Chasers aside.

Eva took the risk to cut in front of their formation. It threw off Evans mental preparation and the girl was quick to snatch the ball ━ she also had the audacity to smirk with a wink. 

Needless to say, Evan was beyond impressed with Eva's ability to play the game. Maybe it was a good game on her part, but her playing style was close to perfection. He watched with his mouth agape as Eva did a Chelmondiston Charge, standing on her broomstick and leaping forward, thrusting the Quaffle towards the center goalpost.

"Eva Potter with 10 more points for Ravenclaw!"

It was a move that he had tried and failed many times, but the girl did it with ease, showing little to no effort.

Evan's mouth snapped shut as someone shoved him at the shoulder. 

"Focus, dude," Regulus told him sharply, a hint of amusement behind his eyes. "If I can keep my focus off that girl, I'm sure you can too."

Evans face furrowed in annoyance at his best friend.

"Oh, don't give me that look," Regulus reprimanded with a laugh. 

"I am not responsible for what my face does when you talk," he retorted. "That jealous bastard," he grumbled as Regulus flew away, but focused back on the game. 

He quickly caught himself right in the middle of things, racing down the field with the other Slytherin chasers. They were doing the Wollongong Shimmy ━ whomever came up with that name, he did not know ━ flying in a zig-zag motion to confuse the opposing chasers. When in possession of the ball, he launched a straight ball to the left post.

"10 points for Slytherin!"

Evan was constantly dodging bludgers and weaving through different players. The quaffle was thrown to him, and he swerved around the goalposts, curving the quaffle through the left hoop. The score was 140-30, and Slytherin seemed to have no chance of catching up.

Eva, on the other hand, was a blur of blue, zipping around the field and taking the quaffle at every open opportunity. She had scored the majority of her teams goals, and looked like she was on an adrenaline high. 

"C'mon Eva! You got it Adan!" Kaelyn shouted loudly from the stands. "Show those Snakes what we're made of!"

The score racked up to 190-50 and the Slytherin team was losing their prime motivation. Despite trying to hype up his team, he knew that Ravenclaw was far in the lead. The only thing that kept them in the game was the animated voice through the speakers announcing,

"Adan Lamond and Regulus Black seem to have located the snitch!"

Eva found herself in conflict over who she wanted to get their hands on the golden object. Of course the competitive side of her wanted nothing more than to win, but unlike usual, she also had a desire for her Slytherin friend to act as a redemption for the lacking team. In the end, she resided in letting the fates decide. After all, no matter what she missed, it was far out of her control.  

The two boys dashed madly after the golden object, Adan just a hair behind the front of Regulus' broom. They shoved each other on the shoulder back and forth, rocking side to side as they chase the snitch. It zipped quickly downwards, and they both jerked their brooms in its direction. Eva's eyes nearly shut in an anxious manner as the two raced toward the grass field. The pushing continued but neither could rid of the other. Just before both of their brooms made contact with the firm ground, Regulus' hand reached out and wrapped around the golden ball, gripping it tightly in between his fingers. 

"Regulus Black has caught the snitch and Slytherin wins with a tight score of 190-200!"

...

super short quidditch chapter for the sake of nostalgia!! ( and a filler ofc :p )
be sure to vote and comment if you're comfortable!!