5. GOLDEN GAME

⊹.⋆°•*⁀➷ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊 ✧・゚: *✧・゚

𝑨𝑺𝑻𝑹𝑶𝑷𝑯𝑰𝑳𝑰𝑨

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Eva lets her feet lift off the ground as her team of seven becomes blurs of navy and bronze. The crowd erupts into cheers at the sight of them, feeling the adrenaline already running through her veins. She flies beside Adan as they loop around the flag poles. As she glides past the stands of students, she spots her Slytherin friend, who sends her an encouraging wink, although maybe she is just seeing things.

"Today's match, Ravenclaw vs. Gryffindor!"

The cheers for Ravenclaw nearly rival Gryffindors, despite the Gryffindors being the 'loud and reckless' ones. The house of blue and bronze is nothing if not proud of its own.

Eva takes her position around the white circle painted in the middle of the field, as Madam Hooch steps out onto the field to begin the game.

"Now, as always, I want a nice clean game from all of you," she tells all of the players, keeping steady eye contact with each player. Eva could have sworn Hooch's gaze lingered a bit longer on her older brother, who wears a crimson captain's band around his arm.

Madam Hooch undoes the strap of the leather trunk. Eva watches as the bludgers flew into the air, followed by the delicate golden snitch.

The quaffle is raised into the air and she crouches readily on her broom. Her eyes meet with her brothers, not daring to show any weakness. While James has a cocky expression on his face, Eva's is one of confidence.

He cocks his head to the side, almost daring her to take the quaffle before him. She narrows her eyes as if accepting the offer. No competition is unwelcome between the two of them. It gets on their parents' nerves more often than not, but for Eva, it is her way to take out pent-up anger she usually has to hide. Quidditch was once her brother's thing, but when she came around to Hogwarts, it became a Potter thing. James never could seize a chance to regain his "glorious" title on the pitch.

The whistle is blown, and the deep red quaffle is thrown straight up into the air.

As a chaser, Eva immediately wills her broom to go forward, darting right in the direction of the ball. She feels her hand wrap around it before she jerks up on her broom. James almost loses his balance, having darted at the direct position she just was in.

She does not hesitate another moment to rush her broom forward, darting swiftly around multiple players. She feels a wind whistle in her right ear as she scales the field. As she approaches the hoops, a chaser she recognizes as Marlene McKinnon comes to her side. Marlene shoves her shoulders into Eva's, knocking her slightly to the side.

Eva lifts my arm back and throws the quaffle at one of her teammates, who swiftly catches it and sends it through the back of the left hoop.

"Ten points to Ravenclaw!"

"Eva, duck!" Eva quickly bent her head as a bludger flew where she once was.

She whips around to see a smirking Sirius Black, many meters away from where she sits on her broom. With a grateful smile to Adan and a small groan of frustration, she goes back to the action of the game.

James has the quaffle tucked beneath his arm. Eva makes eye contact with a fellow Chaser on her team, Ben, and they both fly side by side directly at the boy.

The two Chasers close in on their opposing Chaser, James, hemming him in.

"Here to play a little game?" James sings, finding himself trapped between both of them and the edge of the field.

"Yes," Eva responds with a sickly sweet smile. "And to win."

Just as the move is supposed to go, Ravenclaws third Chaser, Kamryn Brooks, flies directly at the trapped James. She snatches up the quaffle and dashes madly to Gryffindor's hoops.

"Incredible. I successfully played Parkin's Pincer against Gryffindor's captain, James Potter, leaving Ravenclaw back in possession with the quaffle!"

Kamryn throws the quaffle to Eva, as she had caught up with her down the pitch. They exchange the ball back and forth, zigzagging across each other with their brooms. Eva flies behind the goalposts, ripping it towards her fellow Chaser. Kamryn thrusts it at the center hoop, barely skimming the silver metal as it goes in.

"Another ten points to Ravenclaw!"

A Gryffindor chaser, by the name of Arrow Carns, flies hastily down the pitch with the ball. Ben, Eva's chaser teammate, tries to catch up, but it is too late as the ball goes through the hoop. With a loud chime of a bell, the Gryffindors have earned themselves 10 points.

"Not doing so well, are you little sis?" Sirius mocks, swooping down beside Eva.

"Hate to break it to you Sirius, but you all only scored one goal. We have two," she smirks.

Before the Black can snap back with a comically snarky comment, she zips off in the direction of her brother, who has the quaffle once again.

"Try me, little sis," he teases, swooping up above me, who is quickly catching up.

"What's with all the 'little sis shit?" she groans to herself, shooting up beside him.

"Language," he sings, apparently having heard, ducking back down.

"That was the last straw, Jamsie." Her tone is straightforward, even if sarcastic, as she levels herself with her brother.

She puts all of her strength into her right side, and with one good shoulder-to-shoulder shove, James topples over and falls a few feet. The quaffle, having escaped the hands of the older Potter sibling, now resides in the hands of the younger as she sprints across the field. With a large toss in the air, the quaffle goes up before flying back down. She spins so the quaffle is hit with the back of her broom, before going straight at her target; the middle hoop.

"An amazing 10 points to Ravenclaw, scored by their chaser, Evaleigne Potter! The score is now 30-10, Ravenclaw!"

And that is exactly when Adan sees the snitch.

He dashes madly after the golden object, Dorcas Meadowes, the Gryffindor Seeker, hot on his trail. They shoved each other on the shoulder back and forth, rocking side to side as they chased the snitch. It zipped quickly downwards, and they both jerked their brooms in its direction. Just before they both hit the ground, Adan's hand wrapped around the golden ball, gripping it tightly in between his fingers.

"Adan Lamond receives 150 points for catching the golden snitch. Ravenclaw wins!