28. CAPTIVATING CONVERSATIONS

𝑨𝑺𝑻𝑹𝑶𝑷𝑯𝑰𝑳𝑰𝑨

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Eva's fingers intertwined with those of Regulus, concealed beneath the fabric of her robes. In the crowded paths of Hogsmeade, the couple did not worry about anyone paying much attention to the two of them. It was the first time they walked together in public, and Eva had to admit that it felt freeing more than all else. His thumb brushed against the inside of her wrist, feeling the steady beat of her heart. 

Evan was to the left of Regulus, opposite of Eva, similarly holding the hand of the Black. He swung it carelessly, a skip in his step, as Regulus grumbled bitterly. Eva laughed lightly, coming to terms that he came in a package with her boyfriend. While she did not like the idea of sharing, Evan was someone she could picture herself becoming close friends with. 

They were in the village to celebrate the coming close of their 5th year and to take a break from their vigorous studying for their O.W.L exams. 

Regulus pulled the two toward The Three Broomsticks, Evan whining about the "tacky taste" of the iconic butterbeer.

"Do you ever shut your mouth, Evan?" Eva groans, "there is hardly anything to critique about their butterbeer. You just want to complain for the sake of complaining."

"Of course not! I don't complain to complain! I just do not understand why Reg would drag us here when he knows I hate this place."

"Maybe because he knows I like this place?"

"You two are children," Regulus sighed.

"In our defense, you were the one who brought our two personalities together."

"In my defense, Evan was the one who came snooping in the first place."

"Hey! In my defense, I was wondering why there was a hot girl in the bed of my best mate who never gets laid!"

"Evan."

"Fine."

"You think I'm hot?"

"Well Regulus does, that's for sure."

The face of the Black turned a light shade of pink, pulling the hood of his robes farther down his forehead.

"No shame here," Evan told his best mate, pulling his hood back, exposing Regulus' mop of curls, "I think she's hot too, you have good taste."

"For goodness sake," the boy groaned, "you really do not know when to stop talking."

"I mean," Eva started, "I am not totally opposed to the compliments, but I think I should be more worried about Evan stealing you from me than you should be about Evan stealing me from you."