°• chapter four •°

When the movie finished, Ethan was curled up in his blanket, crying over Tony's death, Vic was hugging him and Thomas got up and went to bed.

I saw this as an opportunity and went into the backyard, slumped in one of the beach chairs, and opened my phone, I hadn't been on it since this morning.

I was liking posts and edits from fans when I got a notification from Noobmaster69.

'Did I ruin my chances of being the mysterious girl you meet at the café?'

I read the messages that she had sent before, and I thought to myself 'she's a little annoying' but shrugged it off, if some random singer who I rant to replied I'd probably do the same.

'Depends, if you're really persuasive maybe not' I replied, I'm such a dumbass why did I say that?

'Ooo, am I getting a chance with THE Damiano David?' she replied seconds later.

'I don't know, am I getting a chance with THE Noobmaster69?' now that I knew where the reference was from, I could make fun of her.

'No way, are you a Marvel fan?'

I smiled a little and replied, 'Not me, Ethan is, we just finished watching Endgame, what did you do today?' Am I seriously making small talk, who the hell have I become?

'Went to work, freaked out the entire day because of you, watched Infinity war and now I'm freaking out again'

'No need to freak out, it's only me' laughing, I replied.

'Yeah, you're right, it's not like I'm texting a person from the band that I've been obsessing for the past two years or anything'

The cold air started to sting my skin, so I got up and went inside. I sat on a chair in the kitchen and got some chips.

When I opened my phone again, I saw another message, 'Was that too straightforward?' and I laughed to myself.

'Not really, I was just getting inside, it started to get cold outside, is it cold where you're from?'

'I'd say no, Paris is quite warm, it can get colder at night, it still hasn't warmed up in Rome?' she asked.

'It's warmed up, just at night it can get a bit cold too'

'Do you like Rome, it looks beautiful?' she asked, even though I thought the answer was obvious.

'Of course, I grew up here, I love the people, it can get repetitive after some time though, that's why we went to London for a while, how's the City of Love?' why didn't I just write Paris, God?

'As beautiful as always, can get boring sometimes too, but the only escape I have is a town nearby, that's where I'm originally from, plus the added factor of being single in the City of Love, it's a little ironic'

'At least you're single in the City of Love, it's easier to find love there, try finding love in the Eternal City'

'Is Rome called the Eternal City, ignore if this is a stupid questioned?'

I smiled to myself, I thought that nickname was popular, 'Yes, it is, the ancient Romans believed that even if the world fell apart, Rome would always stand'

'Oh, are you a history geek?' she replied.

'A little, it's fun when you get into it, I just don't have enough time'

'But you have enough time to text me, eh? ;)'

So, she's a flirt huh? I laughed a little and replied, 'Well, there are a couple of exclusions to the not enough time thing'

'Nice, nice, sorry but I have to go to sleep, early to work, good night, hope we can talk again if you have enough time :)' She replied for the last time tonight.

'Good night :)' I messaged before going to my room and getting in bed.