°• chapter sixteen •°

With a towel wrapped around my body and hair, I left the bathroom, through the hall, and back in my room.

Anne had gotten ready earlier so she had enough time to braid Ethan's hair, so I was alone in the vintage room.

There was a double black wire bed pressed on the right wall, white sheets and decorated with embroidered pillows. On the left wall was a closet, now full of mine and Anne's clothes. On the wall with the door was a set of drawers and a mirror, and on the opposite wall, huge doors leading to a balcony.

Everything around me was a dull color, the result of twilight.

I decided to do my make-up first since I wasn't sure what to wear. Light pink eyeshadow and a sort of 'no make-up' base with some pink lipgloss.

Finally deciding, I put on a white flowy dress reaching my mid-thigh, with full sleeves covering my arms, paired it with a light pink, vintage bustier.

I had spent a good time trying to lace up the bustier, usually, Anne did this, but since she was busy and the rest were probably getting ready, I tried to do it myself.

As I was struggling in front of the mirror, someone broke the peace around me with a knock on the door.

"Come in," I said, audible enough for the person on the other side to hear me.

The door creaked as it opened, Damiano peered into the room.

"Are you ready?"

"Almost," I let go of the laces on the back of the bustier, "I just can't tie this, Anne usually does it."

He leaned on the door frame and awkwardly scratched his neck.

Half of him was in a shadow, giving him a gloomy look, complimenting the black dress shirt, black flared jeans, and chunky boots he was wearing.

"If you want," and paused, "I can lace it up for you?"

Not getting why he was awkward all of a sudden, I replied, "Yeah, sure," shrugging my shoulders, I turned my back to him, facing the mirror.

He came behind me, took my white hair, and brushed it so it didn't get tangled with the laces, over my left shoulder.

Starting to lace up my bustier, I thanked him, "Thank you, Agent David."

His head was turned sideways a little, to my right shoulder, and when he replied to me, "No problem, Agent Lightwood, any time," I felt his breath against my neck.

For the first time in a while, I felt a rush of butterflies in my stomach, my cheeks heating up and awkwardly smiling.

Sure, I had kind of flirted with him, but that was over the internet, my feelings were a lot more prominent when I was hugging him in the airport, or when we were eating lunch next to each other, or now that he was behind me.

'Get your act together dumbass, he's only tying strings,' I thought to myself, realizing how much I sounded like a stupid teenager in a cheesy rom-com movie.

When he finished, I turned to him, "Thank you, and, I dare you to let me put some eyeshadow and eyeliner on you."

"Vic told you about that," he laughed as he sat on the edge of the bed.

I got my make-up bag from the dresser and sat next to him, the bag on my thighs.

"Yes," I gently grabbed his face and turned it towards me, my brush already packed with black eyeshadow, "After you jumped in the pool."

My face was a couple of centimeters from his, he wasn't able to talk much since it would result in me messing up his make-up.

"It kind of started weirdly," he breathed, "We played truth or dare a lot during rehearsals, and I never gave up a dare, and, well," he stopped when I started to do his eyeliner.

When I finished his make-up he finished his sentence, "It's been a tradition ever since."

A/N : thanks for 4.3K reads !!! <3