°• chapter eight •°

I slumped on the couch, my wet hair tickling my neck as I covered my body in a soft blanket, the shorts and shirt not keeping me warm enough.

Anne, Gray and Sam had gone out, I was going to join but my head hurt, so I opted to stay in tonight.

I was glad that Anne and Sam were getting closer as friends, they had met through me and at first, it was awkward, interchanging between hanging out with Anne and hanging out with Sam.

But when my birthday, the 1st of March, came rolling by, they drank a lot and became friends.

Alcohol, getting people together since the dawn of time.

I turned on the TV, putting on a random movie, more so for noise in the background than watching it.

'Good evening, Agent David, how are you?' I sent Damiano a text.

I waited for around fifteen minutes, watching the movie when he replied.

'Evening, Agent Lightwood, things are good, how are you?' Playing along with the joke.

'Not that good, I was supposed to go out but instead, I'm laying on my couch, head hurts.'

'Drink some herbal tea, I always drink it when something's wrong, it's magic at this point.'

So, the iconic rockstar, drinks tea to avoid his problems?

'Bet, also, out of all the things to drink when something's wrong, you chose tea?'

I got up and went into the kitchen, started making tea and sent him a photo of the boiling water.

'Well yeah, it's better than alcohol,' and he sent a picture of a cup of tea.

'You're not wrong' I went back to the comfort of my couch and blanket.

'On another note, Agent Lightwood, you still owe me a promise ;)'

'Deal, Agent David, ask anything you want to know :)' I've already ranted to him, so I'd probably tell him anything.

'What's your favourite colour?'

Welp.

'Pink, yours? I thought he was going to go into more deeper questions but I don't mind these.

'Black :D'

'Like your soul?' Let's hope he gets the joke.

'Yep, rawr XD, cringe, what's your dream job?'

Okay, this is a little deeper.

'I'd love to open a small shop, right under my apartment, there's one that's been on sale for as long as I've lived here, sell my embroidery work, maybe release some poetry, like a library, just a nook for lost souls if that makes sense, and I already know your dream job lol.'

'When you open your shop, I'll be the first customer, next up, if you could live anywhere where would you live?'

'Right where I am, or maybe somewhere near Milan, maybe even London.'

'The Måneskin house is near Milan, if you move here we may be neighbours ;)'

'What? I thought it was in Rome, aren't you guys from Rome?'

I got confused at this point.

'We are, but when we write we want to be more alone, new spaces, that's why we'd been to London.'

Makes more sense, then he sent a second text, 'Favourite book and quote?'

I didn't need to think about this one at all and replied instantly, 'Pride and Prejudice, what are men to rocks and mountains? I may sound like the main character in a stupid teen romance novel, but I'm in love with the book, yours?'

'I have to agree, it's amazing, however, mine would be Cupid and Psyche by Apuleius, I little esteeme to see your visage and figure, little doe I regard the night and darkness thereof, for you are my only light.'

'It sounds beautiful, I'll add it to my tbr.' I said and went to my room, messily writing the book's name in my notebook.

'I have to go, the rest decided to go out, text you later :)'

'Bye, have a nice time :D' we ended our conversation.