°• chapter thirteen •°

Valentine's Day had come at full force, Anne was celebrating that Friday and the rest of the weekend with Gray at some village near Paris, apparently a family estate.

Gray had come from, what some people would refer to, old money.

I and Sam opted for the more practical, crying in the living room while watching sappy romance movies and eating ice cream.

The morning of Valentine's Day, while I and Sam were helping Anne finish packing, the doorbell of our apartment rang.

When I opened the door, I was handed a small package.

After I unwrapped it, a copy of Pride and Prejudice, annotated and marked was revealed, alongside an envelope.

I opened the envelope, a card inside, "Annotated it as much as possible, loved every second of it, hope it reminds you of me when you read it, Happy Valentine's Day, Agent David," with a bunch of hearts scribbled around the sweet words.

However, I noticed some other papers in the envelope.

"Holy shit!" I yelled, starting to cry, laugh, jump, not knowing what to do.

"What happened?" Sam and Anne flew into the living room.

"We are going, to fucking, Italy!" I hugged them both, still jumping around like a toddler.

"What, I need more explanation," Sam exclaimed, and after a couple of minutes of me jumping around, I calmed down and started explaining.

"Okay so, Damiano sent me a gift for Valentine's Day," and Sam stopped me, "We know that, we're the one's that gave him the address, and before you say something, Thomas did give you their address so you guys are even," and I continued.

"That aside, he gave me his copy of Pride and Prejudice, annotated and all, which is the most romantic shit anyone has done, and," I started to smile like an idiot, grabbing the tickets, "We're going to Italy a week before my birthday!"

"What!? Dam didn't tell us that," Anne laughed and Sam started jumping too, "Holy shit, I'm going to pizza land!"

"I'd say it's more of pasta land," Anne stared at Sam.

"Shut the fuck up, I'm going to taste actual Italian pizza," and as they started to fight, since they couldn't decide if pasta or pizza was better I went to my room and called Dam.

"Happy Valentine's Day," I said, smiling sheepishly.

"Happy Valentine's Day to you too, I'm guessing you got my present," he laughed.

"I did, cried a bunch, now Sam and Anne are arguing whether pizza or pasta is better, so I thought it was fitting for me to call you, thank you, like a lot, like god damn this is the best present I have ever received, it's way too much but I can't wait to see you."

"I can't wait to see you too, and I think it evens out with the entire 'naming a star after me' situation, plus, there's another surprise which you guys will find out when you come here," I could practically see a smirk on his face.

"Now that I think will surpass the star thing but I'm trusting you, the tickets were for two weeks right?"

"Yes," he paused, "Your boss allowed two weeks maximum, so, you guys will be staying at the Måneskin house for two weeks, experiencing the full Italian life."

My eyes widened, "Now hold up, how did you get in contact with my boss, and we can't stay with you guys, that'll put too much work on you and you guys are already busy enough," I argued.

"You and Sam had told us where you work, so I just got in contact with your boss, quite easy, and of course you guys are staying with us, what type of friends would we be if we let you stay in a hotel," He argued his case.

"I can't even argue since you have a point, I have to get going though, Anne needs to meet with Gray in fifteen minutes and she's not even halfway packed," I laughed through my words.

"Bye, can't wait to see you."

"Can't wait to see you too."