°• chapter six •°

I slowly made my way up the stairs, tired from today's work.

Saturdays were the worst, everyone was out and the café was full. I had to leave an hour early so I could get ready for Gray's birthday, leaving Sam to cover for me.

Convincing him was hard, but not impossible.

The building was old, a breeze rushing through the damp halls.

As I opened my tote bags the keys in it rattled, and when I unlocked the door I was met by Anne running around the room.

"Do you know where the hell I left my white converse, I can't find them anywhere?" She questioned while on the ground, looking under the sofa.

"They're under your bed," I said, I was cleaning up yesterday and I sorted out our shoes.

"You're a lifesaver" Anne laughed, making her way to our shared room.

I followed her, left my tote bag on the desk, took a pair of undergarments, and went to the bathroom, showering for half an hour.

When I got out, my hair still wet, I put on a pair of sweatpants, not putting on a top and staying in my white bra, the shirt would get drenched from my hair.

Anne was eating some leftover pizza in the living room, and I took a slice.

"Gonna go get ready, you're done with the bathroom right?" I asked her, my mouth full of pizza.

She just hummed a 'yea', I took my last bite and went to the bathroom.

I had dried my hair, my make-up was scattered around the sink, it was a mess.

My phone beeped, and when I opened it, I saw a message from Damiano, 'Guess you've become an exclusion to the whole "no time" thing, what's up?'

I grinned to myself, took a mirror selfie, looking kind of like a Teletubbies, just standing there with a straight face, making sure I caught all the make-up around the sink.

'Getting ready, Luka will probably be there, the toxic ex, remember? What are you doing?' I put over the picture.

He replied with a picture of Victoria, Thomas, and Ethan lounging around the pool, all of them holding some kind of an instrument, 'Practicing, and how could I forget, rain hell on him.'

'As an exclusion to the "no time" thing, can I be an exclusion to the "fans mustn't hear the song before it's released" thing too? ;)' I texted him, testing myself.

A couple of minutes later, when I finished my eyeshadow, I opened my phone to a short video clip, Damiano was holding the phone selfie-style, capturing himself and the rest of the band, as Thomas was playing a soft tune on the guitar, and Damiano was singing, 'ma c'ho solo vent'anni, e già chiedo perdono per gli sbagli che ho commesso'.

My Italian was quite bad, but I understood a bit, being twenty, making mistakes, asking for forgiveness.

'It's beautiful <3' I sent a short text, not having enough words to express how talented I thought they were, how their songs and covers brought me joy, how his voice was so calming.

'Thank you, don't let me bother you, have fun tonight :)' He replied when I finished my make-up.

'Thank you, hope you have enough time to text me tomorrow ;D'

I went into my room and took out a dress from my closet, flowy and comfortable, white, right above my mid-thing, I paired it with white sneakers and a white tote bag.

Anne put on a white corset top, black leather flared pants, and her white converse, her hair curled and some natural make-up, contrasting my bright blue eyeshadow and matching earrings.

"Are you ready?" She asked as she unlocked the front door.

"Yep" I exclaimed, taking my tote bag and following her out of the building.