°• chapter seven •°

'Can I rant?'

It was around seven in the morning, I was reading Ibis by Ovid, Thomas, Ethan, and Vic were sleeping. As I was reading, my phone's screen lit up, distracting me. I opened my messages and saw a message from Amara, better known as Noobmaster69.

I and Vic had stalked her profile yesterday, just wanted to see who I was texting. Amara Lightwood, most of her posts were of embroidery work, probably her hobby, and some poetry.

She had pictures of her in her highlights, both I and Vic agreed that she was very pretty, her bleached hair looked cool with her colourful clothes and her embroidery work was amazing.

'Whenever you want.'

Her message bubble popped up and after a few minutes she sent a message, and damn was it long.

It was about the party, everything had been fine and she was having fun with her friend, Anne, her friend Sam had joined the party and they were having a great time, then her ex had entered the picture, she ignored him, then he did the most basic ass shit, 'we need to talk', he had started blaming her for the relationship ending.

Staring wide-eyed at the screen, I questioned, 'What'd you do then?' She kind of left me on a cliff-hanger, I didn't know exactly what to reply.

'I punched him square in the face, probably broke his nose, Gray will tell us tomorrow.' I laughed when I saw the message.

I went straight to Vic's room, woke her up, and told her what Amara had done. The both of us laughed, I replied, 'I do not condone violence, but maybe I do,' now laying next to Vic as she too read the messages, and a couple of seconds later I added, 'On a serious note though, he deserved it, let's hope he shuts the fuck up now.'

'Amen' she replied, 'Thank you for reading my rant, it helps :D'

I smiled a little, 'Anytime :)'

'So, I've completely broken the 'no time' thing huh? ;)'

Vic nudged me with her elbow, "She's sneaky", Vic sent me a wink as I laughed, "What have I gotten myself into"

'Well, still not c o m p l e t e l y, you're getting there though B)', and before I sent the text Vic said to me, "You text like a dork."

'Nice, I'm making progress, my brilliant double-agent skills are amazing'

'What are you, 007?' I laughed to myself, Vic just stared at me and I asked her, "007? James Bond? Have you not watched a James Bond movie dude?"

"No..." she stared at me with a blank expression.

While I was explaining who James Bond was to Vic, Amara had replied to my message, 'Maybe, we may never know, it would be foolish for an agent to reveal herself, now would it?'

I smirked at my phone and replied, 'Depends, for example, if the person had revealed a top-secret song they were working on it would be fair if they were repaid, Agent Lightwood ;)'

'Then, how could I repay you, Agent David?'

"I feel like a third wheel," Vic rolled over, her back facing me. I left her room and went to the backyard, the bright sun making me squint my eyes as I laid on one of the chairs.

'Well, Agent Lightwood, since you already probably know enough about me, it is only fair if I got to know you,' Vic was right, I do sound like a dork.

'It's a deal, Agent David, I have a top-secret mission at a very top secret café in less than an hour, I will repay you later tonight, that is if you have time.'

'Any time for you, Agent Lightwood,' I replied, laying in my chair continuing my day.