Chapter 36| Healing (ہمدرد)

Don't let the past blackmail your present to ruin a beautiful future

❥❥❥

❝ Nehad Raza wald Raza Syed kiya apko Norhan Zehra wald Shams Waheed se nikkah qabool hai? ❞

❝ Qabool hai ❞
Kitni dfa thuko gi mere andr?
He smiled to himself.

❝ Qabool hai ❞

❝ Qabool hai ❞
Meri muhabbat ki taaseer itni baiwafa kyoun hai?

Some moments in your life are ecstatic. You try to view the journey beyond the darkness holding onto the gleam of light and hope. But it's like flash of your life playing like a retro reel in front of your eyes. The distinctive memories. The instinctive decisions.

❝ Norhan Zehra wald Shams Waheed kiya apko Nehad Raza wald Raza Syed se nikkah qabool hai? ❞

❝ Qabool hai❞

Police mein complain kr dun gi tumhari.
She smiled to herself.

❝ Qabool Hai❞

❝ Qabool Hai❞

Promise me, we're going to always sort it out together.

Shiza and Affifa hugged Norhan tightly after she signed the paper. she felt numb as if not really understanding how to react. The moment that were reality actually illusionary.

Norhan has always yearned for a family. A family on whom she can always rely on. A home who can hold her broken pieces since her mother left. She had never been much open about her wounds but the fact was, she, not only subsided the pain but also exchanged it with diverting her spans of attention in life. She never felt like missing a father in life because she never knew how it felt to have a father. That section of heart was always dead or might be that she killed it deliberately more like her sister. A place of mother was always fulfilled by her beloved Naani but she had always wondered how it would be if Zehra would be alive, with her, holding her. An embrace of a mother who can just feel the cracks of broken heart of her child even if she hid her tears. That emptiness had started turning into hopeful dreams when her only cousin promised her to be with her for a lifetime when she was in her late teens. Faiz, her maternal uncle (mamu) always went out of the way for Norhan, be it financing best education for her or fulfilling her needs since childhood. She felt obliged and loved genuinely by a fatherly figure though her maternal aunt never appreciated it much. She always thought it's because of the love, her maamu had for his sister and the rest came from teachings of Naani. Later, she discovered overhearing a phone call that it was all the payback of the guilt that a brother couldn't do for his sister and let her die, knowing her medical detonations. Images are meant to be broken and it did for her as well, completely, when it was her nikkah after a week of convocation and Hassan, a man with whom she always imagined a lifetime, never came for her on that day. She could never forget the words of humiliation she felt on that day as a bride when she was talked about by everyone, as if she was a cursed creature or something. No one stayed in her life. First, it was her father that was unknown, then her mother left the day she was born. Her fiancé ditched her and her relatives almost broke all kind of ties when they shifted to London and gradually stopped helping her and Naani in any kind of way instead of being apologetic. Naani had her old few bank deposits while Norhan's education had been completed, luckily by then, so she not only worked but did overtimes. When naani's health started being affected, that was the first time she cried hard. She didn't even cry at the day Hassan left her, as if she was used to of being left, rejected and disappointed in all kinds of way. She had seen worst so what did scare her was best, from this point but that day when Naani was admitted to hospital, her pain overflowed in tears. For the world she was a tough Norhan but only she knew that she wasn't. For the first time, she wanted a man to be standing by her side, not for financial support but for a little moral support that everything would be fine but she found no one. It is said, when it starts getting too dark, understand the next thing you're going to see is light. The demise of her Naani closed one door of love but opened many others. It gave her not only her siblings but a mother as well. She got adapted to her family as if she always belonged there. Adeel and Sarrinah, never even for once made her felt out of the box nor did Shiza and Affifa. Norhan found a real family for the first time in her life that slowly started bringing out the best and happy side of her. Little did she know, it was not only a knock of her family at the door of fate who decided to give her share of happiness but it was also a knock of an intruder who she avoided most of the time. Avoided? Or deliberately ran away in fears, shutting all the doors of entrance. But it is always said, love is the only knock at the door of heart that doesn't ask permission to get in. It steps in, grows, thrives and absorbs until it becomes a part of that heart. It happened unexpectedly but it did. She felt in love but afraid to accept that fact, though she realised very well that it was a nutual feeling when he held her arm back in that office. She was on guards when she felt betrayed, again.