Chapter 16| Heartbeat (دھڑکن)

Surah Yusuf- Ayah 22

Wisdom and Knowledge. The Ayah describes the selection of words with the hidden concepts in it so remarkably that you can't help but to appreciate the profoundness of Allah SWT. A human being when reached to one's mature time period, a freedom of thought and choice is generated inside him ultimately. These are the few years of your life when you discover a new version of yourself, new struggles and personality traits. A self discovery jourey never comes easy. It's a give and take rule. When you are given the senses of realizations, you lose something side by side, because it happens that when we are able to differentiate between paths then we had to become strong enough to stand by our decisions taken in the journey of that path we chose for ourselves. Knowledge has an entirely diffferent concept is wisdom. Knowlede is something you gain something theoretically. That's ilm. You learnt it from a book or any learning material. Wisdom comes from Hikm. Hikm is actually the knowledge that comes from practical experience. The usual trend of a person is first, he learns and then he applied the learnt. But on the contrary, Yusuf A.S was given the knowledge of experiences-i.e wisdom. He was living all the lessons practically and then learnt from each of his experience. The world we are living in requires label and degrees to certify a kknowledge. But the irony is most of the time what we learnt theoretically won't even apply realistically. And the mind starts to question, if i am not gonna apply it then why am I even learning it? Then the next ayah comes, answering our question, "That is how we compensate those who excel." Logically, there is a rule if you do your best, you exhale but here the Ayah says, those who excel, we gave them wisdom and knowledge. Now what does this mean?

Wisdom is actually the willpowerand the ability to make right choices in your life. It is having a sensible control over your emotions that is called Mastery on your ownself. Knowlede is something Allah designed your brain to grasp. Let's take an example of children, they are so sharp, intelligent absorbers that they can literally scan memorize everything that they observe but their choices or decisions are so immature and stupid sometimes. Isn't? but Wisdom doesn't comes naturally in the designs of your brain. They comes when had been through something that carved your mind with the chisel to show you other perspectives of life as well. And Quraan doesn't guarantee perfections. Let's if i do not know much but I still try to act upon those basics/good morals that i do know, eventually Allah SWT will open the doors for me. More doors to wisdom an knowledge both. It's like you show him your excellance by doing your best, he is gonna open more and more new paths for you to discover. But for the opening, you have to make choice. Someone can show you a door but cannot open them for you. Your own hand had to turn the knob and when you certainly make a clear choice then even if you feel you are not going anywhere, he will guide you to your path where you are supposed to be. If we prove ourselves to Allah,the HE ACTUALLY OPENS THE DOORS OF WISDOM AND KNOWLEDGE FOR US!

Those who do their best- Allah will open their minds to better choices and then will make their hearts stronger to stand by them.