Chapter 40| Torn Pages ( صفحات پارہ شدہ)

Surah Nahal

Surah Nahal

16:125

Beautiful counsel

Almouizat il hasna

It is talking about consequences in one of its orignal meaning. When you remind someone of something and what's it's going to lead to. You not only remind them the thing but you remind them about it's consequences as well. Almouizah is takhfeef. Way of scaring someone. One of it's meaning is to remind someone about the scary consequences. Other part is to remind the good result when you do something good. We live this everyday. Typically, it includes advice. We want things to get better and prevent them from getting worst. 'Call in the way of your master using this way of counsel '. The first thing used in ayah is wisdom, that is when you're about to give the counsel, we should note whether it's time to remind them about good consequences or bad. There is a time of giving every kind of advice. Fo rexample, if you keep scaring of someone about the consequences over and over again, then a person becomes numb. They become stubborn to the pain. Even in psychology, if you keep yelling at someone all the time then that is not going to affect them anymore.

An advice that will shake the heart up. You give someone advice that you know, they will take it to the heart. But we don't know someone's heart? Do we? We don't control anybody's heart. Allah is in control. But Allah is teaching us that we should know intelligently that how would a person react when you are going to talk about this particular piece of advice. Is he going to take it to heart or act numb? For example; There are some kids who become so used to of rash behavior and constant threats that they aren't even scared anymore. They develop voilent tendencies and act all hard because they are used to anyway.

How we talk to a person gets reinforced in them and that is the way they start seeing themselves. They adopt that image and you can break that bad notion of their perception by moizaala hasna. Call to Allah's way by calling someone with something that deeply impacted your heart. You can share if you felt an ayah moved you. This is undoubtedly a very intimate way of sharing something. You just wanna share you what you felt at that moment; ' I have shared what I felt'. That is moizaitil hasna.