Ink x Dream - Angst

A/N: Requested by @Wandering_In_Time

—————

Nobody's POV:

Dream was in the Star Sans' base, Swap having left to his AU for the month. Dream enjoyed spending time alone with Ink, but Ink couldn't really say the same.

Ink couldn't care deeply about Dream in that way, but Dream didn't care.

How could Dream care? Ink was all he had left at the moment. It wasn't healthy that he was currently depending on a soulless being that doesn't care about anything but himself and the AUs, but Dream couldn't help it.

"Ink?" Dream questioned, walking into his bedroom.

Ink was painting a picture of Underfell, the picture being a bit.. violent, if you will. It wasn't much of a surprise knowing Underfell and such, but Dream didn't understand why Ink wanted to paint that place in it's true colors.

He looked up to see Dream at the door, suddenly feeling a lot more positive — probably due to his aura. "Ah, hello Dream! What is it that you want?" Ink asked, turning around to face Dream.

"Oh, uhm, I was just wanting to spend time with you! You have been in here for a long while..." Dream said, just wishing to spend some quality time with Ink.

Ink blinked and then grinned, "Okay then!!! What do you have in mind?" Ink said, forgetting about the fact that he was currently painting to add to his very big collection of painting AUs. It was an art project of sorts! He wanted to paint every single AU.

Dream grinned, "I was just thinking we could relax today!! Like, we could just take a day off hero work." Dream said, feeling very happy about this considering he enjoyed his time with Ink.

Ink hummed, forgetting about the fact that it was their duty to be heroes everyday no matter what. "Yeah, okay then!! Let's go do.. relaxing things!" Ink exclaimed, unsure exactly how to 'relax'.

Dream didn't know how to relax either, but he was sure it couldn't be TOO hard! "Well, let's go to the living room!" Dream said, motioning for Ink to follow as he turned around, walking out of the room to get to the living room. Ink followed closely behind.

One they made it to the living room, they sat on the couch next to each other. "Uh, so, what shall we do now, Dream?" Ink asked, unsure how this whole thing will work.

Dream blinked and hadn't really thought that far. He didn't even really expect Ink to leave his room! "Uhm.. we should watch a movie!!" Dream exclaimed, "Like a romantic one?.."

Ink nodded, "Sure! Why not!" Ink exclaimed, turning on the TV.

*Time skip 1 hour 30 minutes - Nobody's POV:*

Dream sighed, smiling contently at the ending of the movie. "How adorable!! She finally found her one true love!" Dream exclaimed, grinning brightly as he was tearing up just a little bit from the super cute ending.

Ink didn't get the movie at all, and decided to ask Dream about it. "Why're you crying? And what exactly happened there?" Ink asked, unaware that he was shattering Dream's heart all over again.

Dream wasn't tearing up because of happiness any longer, and it was more numbed disappointment. "O-Oh... they're feeling 'love', I-Ink." Dream said, trying his best to not sound fazed. Why should he be sad? He knew this was going to happen again.

Ink looked back at the TV and made a sound of interest, wanting to know more about this emotion called 'love'. "Is there a paint for that?! I wanna feel it!" Ink exclaimed, grinning as he obviously didn't understand what Dream was feeling nor thinking at all.

Dream sighed and smiled weakly, "You simply c-cannot feel that, I-Ink. It's something that you will n-ne-never be a-able to fe-feel." Dream said, his voice breaking quite a bit towards the end as the realization set in.

Ink pouted and crossed his arms, looking away. "How bothersome. Just leave if you aren't going to be of any use as of right now!" Ink said, acting like a spoiled, rotten child that didn't get what they so desperately wanted for Christmas — but will forget all about it in ten minutes.

Dream didn't necessarily want to hear.. whatever Ink had decided was fit to say at that particular moment in time. "R-Right... h-have a wo-wonde-rful rest of your d-day, I-Ink!!" Dream said bittersweetly, getting up and teleporting to his room.

Ink looked at where Dream had been sitting just moments prior, "What has him so upset?"

Dream's POV:

'What was I thinking? I'm so stupid...' I thought to myself, laying down on my bed as I tried to suffocate myself when I didn't have lungs to do that in the first place. 'I should just move on... it's clear he will never EVER love me the way I do him..'

I lifted my face from my pillow, finding the pillow to now be damp with the tears that were flowing from my eye-sockets. "How irritating.." I mumbled to myself, throwing the pillow across the room as I was now a little mad.

I sighed and flopped back onto my now pillow-less bed, feeling sad once more. "Don't worry, Dream! Everything will be fine. You've gone through so much and you haven't broken or snapped so far! What is a little heartbreak compared to anything else you've experienced?" I told himself encouragingly, trying to not cry.

Of course, it was useless because I was crying anyways. It just hurt so much knowing no one in the entire multiverse would ever love me. 'They come into my life just to break and shatter my heart even more.' I thought to myself, just feeling like worthless trash.

I laid there for a few more hours, eventually crying myself to sleep. Maybe there's someone out there that loves me!

In this story, Ink is not that person.

—————

A/N: Sorry this chapter is a bit short! I do hope you enjoyed it, though!

(1017 words)