Error x Dream - Angst

Requested by: @thefamousunicorn

—————

The Star Sans' were fighting the Bad Guys. Dream was fighting Nightmare and Killer, Ink was fighting Error and Cross, and Swap was fighting Horror and Dust.

Both of the sides were losing pretty badly.

After Swap, Horror, Killer, and Dust had all passed out from their injuries — both sides were forced to call it a day and retreat.

The Bad Guys left to Nightmare's mansion, whilst the Star Sans' entered their base.

Dream's POV:

Ink was carrying Swap as we entered our home, Ink being the least bothered by the serious injuries covering his body seeing as he was soulless and frankly didn't care.

"Could you please take Swap to his room?" I asked weakly, trying my best to stand up and not fall.

"Yeah, sure." Ink simply said, "I'm gonna head to my room afterwards; so goodnight, Dream." Ink continued, explaining what his plans for the rest of the night were.

I nodded slightly, "All right then. Sweet dreams!" I exclaimed, trying to stay positive whilst slowly dying on the outside.

Ink waved and then teleported away, presumably to Swap's room like I told him to do.

I sighed quietly and damned myself for using so much of my magic — since I was now forced to walk to my room instead of just teleporting there like any normal magical skeleton was to do. As I walked, my legs felt like they were burning and I wanted to just fall and pass out. But I couldn't; especially since that would just make my situation worse.

After a little while of suffering I eventually made it to my room. I busted open the door and slammed it behind me, falling onto my bed.

My room was colored different shades of soft yellow with occasional white contrasts. I had a large queen sized bed, topped off with tons of pillows and soft, cozy blankets. There was a desk, closet, dresser, and other stuff also decorated inside of my room: such as little fake plants, pictures, nick-nacs from fans and friends, and other supplies for little things!

I was very close to passing out as soon as I hit my bed, when I heard a portal open. I immediately knew who entered my room from the sound of their portal, so I used all of my energy to sit up and look at them — my boyfriend, Error.

I was glad that all three of our rooms were on completely different sides of the house, each of us getting our own hallway and part of the house. It all came together with the main living room and kitchen. Due to the layout of the house, I was able to meet with Error without having to worry about Swap or Ink being home.

As I noticed his frame, I noticed something about him. 'He's already healed? Strange.' I thought to myself, shaking it off. Then I noticed the strange expression on his face and his aura.

"Darling? Are you alright?" I asked, confused as to why his aura was so dark.

Then I felt strings wrap around my limbs, bringing me up into the air. I giggled nervously at this action, "What's that for?"

I had so much trust in Error it would be devastating if he was to betray me.

Error chuckled darkly, seemingly crying. But I couldn't tell all that well, it blended in with his already tear streaks that were permanently on his skull.

"Dream." Error started, looking up in my eyes. "I no longer love you."

I blinked, unsure what Error meant by that. "What do you mean, darling?" I asked, wanting to know what he meant.

"I want to break up."

I paused at those five words. I saw the world start to darken at it's edges, but I couldn't black out just yet. "W-What do you mean?! We love each other, right?"

"No, I don't. Not after what Nightmare told me."

I was extremely confused at this point. "Please explain what you mean, darling!"

I was not at all prepared for what I was about to hear from Error's mouth.

Error went on to explain the apple incident entirely from only Nightmare's warped point of view, and how I abandoned Nightmare when he was getting bullied by the villagers.

I was shocked at how he really trusted Nightmare over me. 'Then again, I haven't ever bothered to bring that up..' I thought to myself, my spirits dimming.

"It's your fault he's like that."

I felt myself break at those words. I had began healing with Error by my side, feeling truly happy once again. But hearing him say such things...

"I hate you."

I felt tears start to build up in my eyes, threatening to spill. I stayed as strong as I could, and... I passed out.

Nobody's POV:

Dream fainted from his seriously bad injuries and his new found trauma.

Error scoffed at his sudden lack of reaction and released Dream from his tight restraints, leaving almost immediately afterwards.

Error left to simp for Nightmare, leaving Dream pretty much all alone.

After Dream woke up he sulked in his room for four years, only leaving for the first time in a long while when Ink knocked on his door to ask if he would finally come out.

—————

A/N: I'm sorry the end is rushed, I just didn't know what else to do for it- also, does anyone know the reference I'm referring to at that last paragraph?

Also, I made a new book!! If you want you can check that out when and if you have time! ^^

(940 words)