Apple Twins Birthday Special

Dream sat alone in his room, the sun just starting to rise up. Dream could tell because there was finally light seeping through the opening in his curtains covering the window.

After the whole incident, his birthday hadn't been a very pleasant day for Dream. In fact, he dreaded the day each year.

Which is why he hadn't ever told the Stars about it. Dream couldn't bear having to deal with their extreme energy — especially if they knew it was his birthday. Dream could only imagine how it would go.

But luckily, Dream only could imagine since he had never let that little secret slip.

Honestly, Dream wasn't sure how they hadn't questioned the fact that 'he didn't have a birthday', but he appreciated it nonetheless. Even if they weren't quite aware about it.

This day was a bit different, though. This was Dream's first birthday with the truce being in place.

It been quite a shock for Dream when he overheard his friends talking about planning Nightmare's birthday surprise, which must have meant that it told them. That was very sad to think about for Dream.

'Why can't I just get over it like Nightmare?'

That thought constantly plagued Dream's mind, but he had learned to block that kind of stuff out for the sake of what's left of his sanity.

Suddenly, a knock was heard on the door followed by a voice. "DREAM! C'MON, THE PARTY IS STARTING!"

Dream hummed in response, looking down at the ground. He didn't want to go, which is why he hadn't even gotten ready. He wanted to just sleep through the entire day, but apparently Dream's subconscious didn't want that so he hadn't been able to fall asleep the entire night. But about hour 6 Dream had no choice but to give up and just wait for the morning to come along.

'They didn't even tell me up right about the party. Why did Swap assume I knew?' Dream thought to himself, just now realizing that there wasn't any real reason for Swap to have assumed that. '..maybe he just told Ink to tell me and Ink forgot.' Dream tried to stay logical.

Dream frowned before getting up, his joints popping as he stood from being in the same position for so long. "I suppose it wouldn't kill me to go.." Dream whispered to himself, stretching some more.

He slowly got dressed, taking his time. After all, he didn't even want to go.

Since Dream was lazy, he didn't bother to dress up in his normal attire, and instead chose something more casual. Why wouldn't he? It wasn't a special day to him. Except for it being his twin's birthday — but even that pained him to think about.

The shirt he was wearing was a simple black turtleneck with small yellow-orange stars on the chest. The pants were just grey sweatpants he had at the back of his closet.

To finish the outfit off, Dream wore pastel yellow slippers that he got as a gift from someone for 'saving the day' and their universe from collapsing. Dream then got his 'crown' off of the bedside table, placing on top of his head with care. He might hate his past, but this was something Dream couldn't get rid of no matter how much he wanted to.

"Lovely, I look.. great." Dream said as he looked in the mirror in front of him, "I sure do look like I *really* want to be here." Dream's tone was most definitely sarcastic. Dream closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths, getting ready for the terrible day ahead of him. Dream opened his eyes with a grin — albeit very fake — and then left his room. There was no need to hide in his room anymore.

Dream walked into the living room, where Swap & Horror were cooking over on the right in the kitchen whilst Ink was on the couch, fiddling with something. Dust was just watching TV, along with Killer. They seemed a bit pouty so you could only assume they had an argument. Nightmare was no where in sight, and since Error was also gone he could only assume Error was with Nightmare.