Dreamberry - Angsty fluff

Requested by: @SHIPPERSATTACK

—————

Nobody's POV:

Dream and Nightmare were fighting as per usual — Dream was losing like always. You see, Dream never wanted to fight his brother. The multiverse made them fight and Dream didn't like that whatsoever.

He desperately wanted to fix his relationship with Nightmare and make everything just how it was before 'The Incident'.

However, Dream wasn't aware it would never be the same. No matter how hard he tries, it will never ever be the same ever.

If Dream ever realizes that, it probably won't do anything good to his mental health.

But hey! This is what we're here to find out, right?

Nightmare's POV:

I was fighting my pathetic excuse for a brother just like always, him losing pretty badly. He kept spouting this 'I love you' and 'I want things to go back to how they were' nonsense — just like how he always did — and it was incredibly annoying. I would do literally anything to make it stop for good.

"B-Brother, pl-please..! I-I kn-ow there's still g-good in you...!!-" Dream tried to exclaim with a smile, but luckily he shut up when of of my tentacles wrapped around his throat — tightly, mind I add — and then lifted him up off the ground.

He made some choking noises and some worthless attempts to make me choose mercy, which got irritating after a few seconds of him doing it.

Luckily he eventually stopped, but it was still extremely annoying I had to get him to stop making noise whilst choking when he should KNOW I absolutely hate the sound of choking. If he's my 'brother' or whatever, shouldn't he care about my needs?!

This was going as it usually did, but unexpectedly — one of Dream's peasant friends jumped in and tried to play hero. "Don't worry, Dream; the Magnificent Sans will save you!" It exclaimed, trying to cheer Dream up. However, it seemed to have the opposite effect as Dream's negativity doubled.

That detail was very intriguing to me, so I decided to test some stuff out. I then grabbed the mortal by the neck, lifting it up — also choking it. Unfortunately, it made the same horrific choking noise Dream made.

So, therefore, I had to put a stop to it somehow!

"NO!-" Dream tried, but it was already too late. The mortal's dust was already on the ground.

"How pathetic." I spat, not even finding this fight fun. Usually I got some sort of fight, but this was really just weak. So weak, in fact, it made the whole experience not enjoyable for me! Which is saying something.

Dream's POV:

I watched in horror as Swap, my friend and lover, was dusted without a second thought right in front of my eye lights. I wanted to cry and scream so badly, but I couldn't. Not here, not now. Not in front of Nightmare.

That would just be embarrassing.

I mustered enough stored energy in case of emergencies to teleport out of Nightmare's grasp, quickly grabbing Swap's scarf before I ran off to a different AU. Hopefully he wouldn't follow me and just continue to terrorize that AU instead of me, as much as I hate wanting that to be the case.

I teleported inside the base, my emotions freezing right as I got there. It's like I was already numb to everything; like I had subtly snapped. I felt horrible.

I just wanted to be with Swap.

—————

A/N: This is extremely bad and short, I had no idea where I was going with this and it's super late in the night 💀 sorry about that!

Also, this is incredibly off from what you requested. If you want me to remake it but (hopefully) WAY better just let me know and I'll try my best!!

Hopefully I didn't disappoint you too much!-

(643 words)