Bᥲttᥣᥱ Sᥴᥲrs

Probably my favorite chapter to write so far

I feel like my horror movie side came out this chapter as I went down a very dark path, so... enjoy :D

✦✧✦✧

"Screw this, screw this, SCREW THIS MISSION!" Genesis screams out as she and Tech try to dodge blaster fire from enemy ships.

"How much longer until we're in hyperspace, Tech?" Hunter asks from the gunner room in the back of the ship.

"That depends on when Echo plans on getting the drive back online." Tech reports calmly.

"I'm working on it!"

"Work faster please!" Genesis demands as the ship shakes.

"I don't think Ruby likes this very much." Omega mentions.

"You named that thing?" Wrecker asks, sitting down in the back. "What's with these guys?"

"Well, we did steal from them."

"Technically, the Rhokai stole the lizard first. We are merely intercepting it." Tech corrects.

They don't see it that way." Hunter adds.

"Less explaining, more dodging." Genesis orders as the crate with the lizard falls down and the lizard escapes as the others hear Wrecker and Omega try to contain the lizard. Wrecker runs into the cockpit and he runs into a chair and the lizard flies off him and runs back towards him.

"Hyperdrive's online." Echo reports as Omega slams the cage on Ruby. "Got her." And Genesis pulls the lever sending the Marauder into hyperspace.

✦✧✦✧

Ruby growls as Cid observes the thing. "That is one strange-looking lizard."

"Thank you."

"What's your client want it for?" Echo asks.

"Maybe it's a pet. Maybe he wants to turn it into a stew. Don't know, don't care." Cid remarks.

"As long as you get paid." Hunter adds as Cid stops. "Now you're catching on. And guess what? That means you get paid too. Bring the lizard in the back." Echo grabs the crate and takes it to the back with everyone following.

Hunter stops to glaze at someone who's he's never seen here before, and their face was concealed under a cloak.

"Hunter?" Omega says and she motions for Wrecker to ask.

"What are you two up to?"

"The mission's over. Can we go?"

"Again?" Genesis questions, joining them. 'It's a tradition." Wrecker says and adds in a whisper. "It makes the kid happy." While Omega gives him a look.

"Uh-huh."

"The kid." Genesis says using quotation marks with her fingers on the kid part. Hunter finally gives in as he sighs. "Don't take long." And Omega and Wrecker run out of the Bar while Genesis and Hunter head to the back. Not noticing the figure watching them from the back.

✦✧✦✧

"All right, here's your cut." Cid hands them a small amount of credits.

"Whoa, whoa. You said the job paid three times this."

"For me, not for you." Cid adds. "And just how is this a mutually beneficial arrangement?" Echo asks.

"You're breathing, aren't you? Rather generous considering the debt you owe me."

"What debt?" Genesis questions as Cid tosses Hunter the holopad and realization hits her. "Oh, shit."