Chapter 33

Emma's P.O.V

"Nope" Was my response and I just turned my back to them and kept walking to school, ignoring what just happened seconds ago.

"Wait, Emma!" I heard the woman claiming to be my mother shout but I just kept ignoring them.

I walked faster trying to get inside the school and lose them but I suddenly felt a hand grab my arm and jank my body backward.

"Don't touch me!" I shouted out of instinct and harshly pulled my arm from the grip of the man who also claims to be my father, I noticed from the corner of my eye some students stopping at my scream and curiously watching us.

Sergey, who I had noticed kept his distance normally had appeared next to me and placed a hand in front of me stopping my biological parents from getting near.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Vikrovh. I shouldn't have let him get that close, my apologies" I blushed at what he called me but ignored it.

"No, don't worry Sergey. It's okay" I reassured him, smiling at him but a scowl replaced my smile as soon as I turned to look at them.

Before I might have been static, happy even if they appeared in my life but now that I certainly changed and wasn't as naive as to think they are here just to get to know me.

"What do you want?" I finally asked, a sigh leaving my lips. They looked at each other and actually had the audacity to look hurt at how I was acting towards them but I knew better.

"We just want to talk" James answered and looked towards Sergey and his eyes had this knowing glint that I've learned to identify.

"Fine, we'll meet after school. I'll text you where we'll meet, leave your number with Sergey" I agreed, rolling my eyes, I was honestly just curious about what they wanted to talk about.

"Tell them to leave their number with you and if they ask you for anything, send them on their way to whatever hole they crawled of" I whispered to Sergey. "Please, Sergey. I know this isn't part of your job, it's a favor for me"

"Of course, Ms. Vikrovh. It's no bother and my job is to protect you and these two don't look trustable at all" Sergey whispered back and gave me a knowing look.

I giggled and just nodded. I told him I'd see him after school and I was finally able to walk to my classes.

In my first two classes, I was alone, Alec wasn't in them and Nikolai didn't even turn to look at me. Whenever I tried to talk to him, he'd either stand up and leave somewhere outside or he'd just grab his phone.

It was finally a free period and when I arrived at the cafeteria, I noticed that not even one of my friends was there, but I was actually glad I was sitting alone, I had time to think.

Weren't they supposed to be dead? I tried remembering when they told me but now that I thought about it, they never actually said it, I just assumed. What could they possibly want to talk about? It can't be a coincidence they appeared just at this specific time in my life, but well who knows maybe they had good reasons to stay away and I'm just making a soap opera in my head.

I only had one class left and still none of my friends, Alec texted me saying he was feeling ill but I had yet to see the others. The only seat left was the one next to Nikolai and I was now regretting coming to school.

He still ignored me but I decided I had enough, how can I fix whatever I did if he doesn't tell me what bothered him?

"Nikolai" I called him, but he once again ignored me. His attention was fully on his phone. I placed my hand just above his phone and he quickly turned to look at me angrily.