Chapter 11

Dimitri's  P.O.V

"You need to let her go to college, you know" I heard Aleksey say a little while after Emma went to sleep.

"No, I don't" Is my only response at his stupid suggestion.

"Yes, you do and you know it" He said in a sing-song voice. I turned to look in his direction and watch him caress Emma's hair.

"I don't think I can, it's going to be filled with hormone-filled boys, her being away even longer when all I wanna do is have her chained up to me" I said possessively, she's mine. I can't have her near some boys, high school is hard enough.

Aleksey just laughed at what I said, shooking his head. He was about to say something when he got interrupted by the ringing of my phone.

"Speak" I commanded the other person on the phone.

"Boss, we caught the rat" Sergey informed me.

"Put him in the basement and wait for me to get there" I ordered him, hanging up the phone shortly after.

"They caught the rat, it's funny that people think they can get away with stealing from me" I said, chuckling darkly thinking about the fun I'm going to have, showing him a lesson. Aleksey laughed in acknowledgment.

"We're taking her shopping and maybe that will tire her out, so she doesn't wake up while I'm teaching that stealing bastard a lesson" I informed Aleksey who turned his head to look at me at my plans.

"When are you going to tell her?" That question made me think.

"When she trusts me more" What I didn't know was, when the trust would be enough for her to not be scared of me. With that being said, I turned to keep working in my legal business and Aleksey took a nap too.

I swear I protect him more than he does me. I shook my head at that thought, his lazy ass is carrying all the shopping bags.

A few hours went by when I heard Emma stirring up. I turned my attention to her and watched as she rubbed her sleepy eyes and looked around. When she spotted me, she got up and slowly walked up to me.

"Daddy, cuddles" Were the only two words she said while making grabby hands at me. I chuckled at her lack of words, patting my lap for her to seat in.

"My sleepy girl, you sleep almost as much as Aleksey" I playfully told her, patting her bum when she straddled me. She whined and snuggled in the crook of my neck.

"Daddy has a meeting, want to go with me?" I started grabbing my phone and AirPods for her to be entertained.

"Yes, I wanna go with you" She mumbled against my neck wrapping her arms around my neck.

I stood up with her on my hip and started walking to the conference room. Aleksey sleeping on the couch with his mouth open.

I made sure to smooth out her skirt so nothing was flashing and her sweater securely closed. When I got out my new assistant quickly got up and started following me to my meeting.

"S-sir, the head of each department is already at the conference room waiting for you and after that, you have another meeting with people who want to pitch you with businesses " She started babbling out.

"Who the hell authorized the second meeting, cause I sure as hell didn't" I now was in the mood to punch someone but I think I already know who did it.

"A-A-Aleksey, s-sir" The girl stuttered out, her hands shaking.

I knew it, that idiot. I swear I'm going to end up killing him one day. People with new businesses are rookies who don't know shit.