Chapter 2

At 6:40 a.m. I heard the alarm go off making me want to throw my cellphone, yesterday I slept late thanks to Dimitri, I couldn't stop thinking about him and his beautiful green eyes and how even though I didn't even know him, he made me feel safe and special.

But well, I had to stop, I had to get up for school and I couldn't be late seeing as I have perfect attendance and I pride myself in that. I got up from my bed and went to make my business in the bathroom and to shower. I then finished putting on my uniform.

After finishing my breakfast, I took my backpack and went to the bus station and got into the bus that was already there, seeing as I live alone and can't afford a car. I go to a private school not far from my apartment, I actually go to this school because I got a scholarship, I really want to be a doctor and this school helps me get into my dream university and of course, also get a good scholarship.

I then look out the window to realize I was near my school, as I got out I looked around and breathed in the air. It was a lovely day, sunny but not too hot. I finally entered the parking lot where I saw all the other students in their expensive-looking cars, I didn't know much about cars, not that I cared anyway.

I then walked through the main entrance to my locker and get my books to get to my next class. After I got them and got to my classroom and I sat down. I normally sit alone, seeing as I was kind of shy and didn't talk much.

The day went by peacefully and quiet and I made my way directly to work which wasn't so far from my school so I walked, I normally have my work clothes here, I don't have time to go home, I prefer it this way so that I don't get home too late. I don't really like the darkness and I don't live in the prettiest part of town.

I spotted the AbsCupcakes sign and entered by the work only door in the back and got to the little changing room. I left my things in my little locker and went to the kitchen to say hi to everyone and see which tables were mine to check upon.

"Hello, everyone" I said, a little louder than usual so everyone could listen to me. I heard a chorus of "Hey, Emma" and "Hello, Emma" from everyone as I finally made my way to the front and get my apron with everything else I needed.

As I looked around the dinner I spotted in the far corner Dimitri, to say I was shocked was an understatement, I really didn't think he would keep his promise, seeing as I haven't heard from him in over a week.

He was talking to Rose one of the other waitresses that work here and even from here and without listening I could see he wasn't being nice to her.

He then looked up and his face visibly softened for a second before looking at Rose again and saying another thing, so then she looked at me and nodded. She made her way to me.

"Emma, he only wants you taking his order" she practically growled at me. "So please just go," she said just before she scurried to another table, giving me no time to respond.

 "So please just go," she said just before she scurried to another table, giving me no time to respond