Chapter 36

Luca's POV

Ever since I can remember Emma has always been there, it was just natural for me to start seeing her as a motherly figure, she was kind, listened to me, and was always on my corner. She helped me with my homework, took me to school, fed me and she was simply there. The day she left I remembered she was crying so much I couldn't understand what she was saying but I managed to calm her down, she explained how she wasn't going to be able to take me with her and I understood, of course, I did, that didn't mean I wasn't sad about it, but I trusted her when she said she'd be there the moment I turned eighteen.

So I was shocked when she came to one of her regular visits with two tall and scary men, who looked out of a mobster movie but even as scary as they looked, the fact that they loved and were infatuated with her was obvious and that calmed me. It wasn't long before meeting them that they came back and mom adopted me, and I swear nothing compared to the happiness I felt the moment she told me, being here was awful mostly because of the women in charge of us,   the other kids were mean too but I like to consider myself someone who takes nobodies bullshit, so anyone here knew better than to mess with me, I wasn't afraid to get my knuckles bloody, Emma doesn't know this or she'd freak out, she thinks I'm her little angel and I don't want to disappoint her.

Which is why I was ready to punch the fuck out of Marcus's uncle the moment he spoke to my mom, he had this disgusting look on his face and if it wasn't because Dimitri grabbed me I would have punched him so I quickly dragged my mom away from him, and then mom's guard told Dimitri about this man and what he did, he turned to me saying he'd be back but I refused and followed him but I shocked at seeing my mom shout at Dimitri, she's always so calm and quiet I was just standing there looking like an idiot and Dimitri's voice pulled me out of trance and I quickly went for Aleksey.

What Emma doesn't know is that this wasn't the first talk we've had about it and honestly, it was me who asked them not to tell her, I actually kind of figured it out, and one day I followed them, or well, I tried...

A week ago...

I was down in the kitchen when I heard a weird noise following the sound, it was Dimitri and Aleksey and the man I always notice is following them around -Sergey- was behind them and was dragging a man with him by his neck and god knows where to and I hid behind the kitchen door, trying to see where he was taking him and just when I was about to follow them Dimitri turned around and looked at me a raised brow.

"What are you doing up, Luca?" He didn't sound mad about me trying to sneak upon them. Aleksey turned around as he said that a little surprised but narrowed his eyes at me, shaking his head softly.

"I- I" I opened my mouth trying to come up with a lie as to why I was watching them but went with the truth. "I was just thirsty and I heard a noise" I sighed, hoping they weren't going to be too mad at me for trying to eavesdrop.

"Hmm" Dimitri turned to look at Aleksey and they both looked like they were having some sort of secret conversation with their eyes and finally, Dimitri turned to look at me. "Go to your room, your mother won't be happy you saw this," He said softly dismissing me. Aleksey smiled at me and gestured for the stairs.

"I'm not a child," I said and my voice involuntarily dropped down to sound thicker. "I know you have some kind of different job that just owners of a company" I continued.

Dimitri raised a brow and smirked, like he found it amusing that I said I wasn't a child, and I wasn't, I was almost about to turn sixteen. Aleksey shook his head.

"Please go to your room, Luca," Aleksey said to me one more time but this time more like a soft command, but I didn't want to. I shook my head and took a step toward them, determined to be included.