II. The People's Princess

Years passed by in a blur for the three heirs

Years passed by in a blur for the three heirs. No longer were they children with no cares in the world. They were now young teenagers with responsibilities laid upon them. Thor was named heir to the throne of Asgard and the nine realms. Eldrid was named The People's Princess by the Asgardians because of how much she poured herself out to her people. Loki studied his magic and became known in his sorcery skills. The three of them had grown into strong characters each in their own right. And after years of mastering their roles in the public eye, they received their god titles.

Thor was named god of Thunder. Protector of the Nine Realms.

Loki was named god of Mischief.

And Eldrid was named goddess of Grace and Wisdom. The People's Princess.

They lived up to their titles while also still being themselves around each other. They flocked to be with one another when they found the time. Growing up as the children of the King and Queen wasn't easy and they only had each other to share their experiences with. They had made friends along the way though in the form of Sif and three teenagers named Volstagg, Fandral and Hogun. They fought together on adventures daily it seemed. Stories were beginning to be told about the adventures of the young princes and princess.

They were close. Very close. Though Thor was closer to them than Eldrid and Loki were. But that only made Loki and Eldrid grow closer.

During the years of growth in Asgard, the two younger children had grown closer to each other. They had sought each other out when times were difficult. Loki would be the person Eldrid went to for nearly everything. They often were seen with each other for events throughout the kingdom.

Sif and Eldrid had become fast friends, the only two women warriors. They often were found training and sparring together when Eldrid wasn't off doing Princess duties for the kingdom.

While Thor was making his name in the Nine Realms known, Eldrid was finding her footing as Princess of Asgard. She adored her people. She lived for the kingdom of Asgard, it was her purpose. Eldrid knew she would never be Queen and rule, so she made it her mission to make sure she would help Thor become the best king he could be. She learned everything that was needed about the Nine Realms, their cultures and how the different people on those worlds lived.

Which is why Odin saw an opportunity when discourse arose on Alfheim to send a diplomat to help create peace among the nobles on Alfheim. He saw the growth his daughter had undertaken to ensure the prosperity of Asgard and the Nine Realms. He was proud of Eldrid for what she had accomplished within the confines of Asgard. He was proud of all three of his children.

"You wished to speak with me, Father?" Eldrid asks as she steps into the throne room where Odin sits at his war table with others around him giving him advice.

The other noblemen bow their heads in respect of their princess and she offered the same greeting. Eldrid never saw herself above anyone, though she was born a royal, she never took it for granted, never abused it.