IV. Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

Loki broke away first, though he didn't want to

Loki broke away first, though he didn't want to. He was stunned and at a loss for words as his emerald eyes took in the sight of the woman before him. The woman who also happened to be his younger sister. He watched as Eldrid slowly opened her eyes, her breathing was uneven as she caught herself. She felt as if she was soaring through the sky like her father's ravens. And she was happy.

Until her sapphire eyes laid upon Loki's emerald eyes and saw the fear in his eyes. The shock of what had just happened between them.

"I-" Loki stammers. For once, he had nothing to say, the Silver Tongue was silent. And it scared Eldrid to think he regretted it. But she had asked him to do it, to prove his love was more than sibling. She was confused, she was ecstatic, she was hurt.

"If you say you regret it, i will slap you." Eldrid snaps at him as Loki sits up in her bed and puts his elbows on his knees, his head in his hands. She could tell his mind was racing a million miles a second trying to figure out what had just transpired.

His green eyes widen in shock and fear and his head snaps to look at Eldrid, "No!" He shouts and then cringes at the loudness of his voice. Eldrid leans against the backboard of her bed and crosses her arms. The look on her face told Loki he needed to explain his reaction, and fast. "It was... It was rash of me to do that... But.. I do not regret it." He states and Eldrid raises an eyebrow. But his smile slowly spreads on his face as he looks at her, "My only regret... is that i did not do it sooner." He says and Eldrid's eyes widen.

"Wh- What?" Eldrid stammers, taken aback by the fact that Loki through the words he said, indicated that he had wanted to kiss her many more times before. "Loki..." she mumbles, her turn for being at a loss for words.

"I know, I know the timing is horrid. That you are leaving tomorrow. But if i did not do it now, it would have never happened, i firmly believe." He states with every ounce he has within him. Now that it was out for Eldrid to hear, Loki needed everything he had been holding back to be heard. He needed her to know how he felt before she left for who knew how long. Because something that worried both of them was that Eldrid had no ending date to this mission. She would be on Alfheim however long it was needed for her to create peace, and to maintain that said peace.

"Then explain it, Loki... please. Because if what i'm hearing is not what you mean... my heart will never repair itself." Eldrid says and Loki's eyes snap upwards and see his sister on the verge of tears. The very thought of her love not being reciprocated was heartbreaking to her. And Loki would not stand for tears falling from her sapphire blue eyes that he adored.

He scrambled to sit beside her, pulling her into his arms. He felt emboldened to be more affectionate with her now that his feelings towards her were in the open between them. "Gods no, El." He swears to her his hands cupping her cheeks and making her look up at him as his head leaned over her slightly. He pulled her as closely as he could into his arms, he held her as if he would never be able to again. "I mean every word. I have meant every touch, every subtle smile that was only ever for you. Every word i have spoken, my unspoken devotion to you." He tells her as he looks at her deeply, "It has all been for you and only you." He breathes out as his forehead rests on hers. At his words, his undying love for her, Eldrid can't help but break down into tears, it scares Loki senseless until he sees her smiling along with her tears. "Are.. these tears good?" He asks.