IX. Frost Giants

When emerald eyes caught the sight of the sapphire eyes he had adored and cherished, his heart lurched in his chest as he held his mother's hand in the air just like Odin did with Loki's Angel

When emerald eyes caught the sight of the sapphire eyes he had adored and cherished, his heart lurched in his chest as he held his mother's hand in the air just like Odin did with Loki's Angel. His throat closed up for a moment and he was stuck. Time had frozen in that instant for him as well as Eldrid. The time around them stood still as they took each other in. Their regal attire they both wore, how much they'd grown. They were looking everything over. Loki couldn't think of what to do next and his mind berated him for it. Thoughts clouded his mind, screaming at him that Eldrid didn't matter anymore, no more than she did when she was just his sister. She had abandoned him. She had ignored him, left him to wonder the worst. That to him, was the ultimate form of betrayal.

Sapphire met emerald and Eldrid quickly looked away in hopes of calming her racing heart. The action of her looking away from Loki only solidified the fact that she didn't care about him that way anymore. That her promises of eternal love were lies. She had tricked him into giving her his heart only for it to be stepped on.

"Loki?" Frigga whispers, "What has your attention, my son?" She asks innocently though she of all the thousands upon thousands of people surrounding them knows what captured his attention. It makes Loki puff out air as he regains his composure. He refused to let Eldrid being home again affect him.

"You know very well what has my attention, Mother. Do not play coy." Loki rebuttals and Frigga simply smirks and then smiles wide as they walk down the aisle. She waves at her people, as does Loki. He played the facade of a happy prince well in the eyes of the people. As he should, he had been perfecting the facade since he realized he would never be kind if his father had anything to say about it.

When they reach the stairs to the throne, Loki takes his place beside his sister and mother. Frigga stands on the very last step towards the throne while her children occupy the two steps below her in order of birth. She looks at her two children, she can see the turmoil hidden behind their eyes as they stand so close to each other without so much as a glance in the other's direction.

Eldrid was focused to make sure she would not look at her brother. For if she did, she would crumble from within. Her heart had turned cold towards love, but the one man who could thaw her heart, wanted nothing to do with her anymore.

Loki had made that extremely clear.

They both had made their stances on the matter of their hearts crystal clear without a single word uttered.

The crowds roared to life more than ever before as Thor entered the throne room. He cheered with them, causing them to grow in more excitement. He lifted Mjolnir high in the air proudly as he turned in slow circles, righling the crowd up more. He flipped Mjolnir high in the air and caught it. He laughed with glee and pride on his day of coronation.

Sif down the stairs a bit rolled her eyes at Thor's childishness and pride. "Oh, please." She whispered but Eldrid had caught it. The princess chuckled at her brother's antics. Frigga smiled softly as she watched her son make his grand entrance. Odin however, wasn't all that pleased at his eldest son's fanfare that he helped create more of. Thor lifted Mjolnir high in the air again and roared a victory cry towards his people and they cheered with him.