III. Silent Love Affair

Eldrid spent her last remaining night on Asgard unable to sleep

Eldrid spent her last remaining night on Asgard unable to sleep. The worry and anxiety were overtaking her too much for her to sleep. So she spent most of her night at the couch in front of her fireplace with papers and maps of Alfheim, going over things she'd need to know for her diplomatic mission. She was determined to know everything there was to know about Alfheim and it's people, it's culture, right down to the mannerisms of the elves and how they talked.

She was trying to get her mind to figure out the best way to attempt negotiations of peace with the unrest caused by nobles and the monarchy of Alfheim before she had even stepped foot onto Elven territory. Eldrid couldn't risk failure. She couldn't risk disappointing her parents. Her people. She had too much weighing on her shoulders to fail this mission. It weighed on her so much she was losing sleep over it.

The fire crackled in front of her as she wrote in her journals of her plans and what she thought would be good to bring up in meetings that she would conduct to initiate peace between the elves. She enjoyed sitting by the fire, it being her only source of light in the pitch dark space of her chambers. The heat from it was comforting, but the sound was her favorite part. The crackling of the flames, how they danced on the wood it consumed.

"Isn't it a bit late to be going over papers for tomorrow?" A smooth and sultry voice appears in Eldrid's ears and she smiles softly as she continues to look at her papers. She doesn't look up because she already knows who is in her room. The only person she'd ever allow to be in her chambers this late at night. She trusted him explicitly with her whole heart though he didn't know it.

"It's a little hard to sleep when i depart tomorrow. So, i thought i would get a head start on my goal." Eldrid responds and Loki chuckles quietly from the chair he would often sit in beside her small loveseat by the fire. She finally takes her eyes off her papers after a few minutes of comfortable silence between the two and looks over at her brother. He was dressed out of his armor and simply in his pants and a loose, dark green shirt. Eldrid knew what his appearance meant to her. And her heart soared as her eyes took in his appearance.

He was comfortable. And that rarely happened with anyone except for her. Only for her.

Eldrid on the other hand had was in her nightgown and robe. She also was comfortable around Loki to be seen in her nightwear. No one else aside from her mother and ladies in waiting saw her in her nightgowns. It was forbidden for a man to look upon an unmarried woman in her undergarments. It simply wasn't done.

"True, but you didn't have to go over the papers and work alone." Loki points out to his sister and she rolls her eyes with a smirk. She leans back and looks at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh? And who was i to call upon?" Eldrid asks curiously while also teasing her brother.

Loki smirks as he conjures a book into his hands and crosses his ankle over his knee and reclines in his chair. "Why, me, of course." He responds with a chuckle and a innocent smile.