XII. You are Unworthy

"Why did you bring us back?" Thor demands an answer from his father

"Why did you bring us back?" Thor demands an answer from his father. The moment the bifrost took them all home, Eldrid knew Thor would be furious. That was who her eldest brother was. He often let his temper get the better of him, or his pride.

"Do you realize what you've done? What you've started?" Odin snaps back at his eldest. Eldrid could see their father was teetering on his Odin Sleep and his emotions were not as calculated as they could be. But in this moment, her arm was burning too much for her to focus on anything else.

"I was protecting my home." Thor snaps back.

"You cannot even protect your friends! Your own sister! How dare you put her in danger." Odin exclaims, motioning to Eldrid who is cradling her burned arm. Loki standing behind her just in case he needed to support her. All three men in the room were furious for various reasons, but they all had one factor to their rage. Eldrid was hurt. "How could you hope to protect a kingdom?" Odin snaps as he takes out Heimdall's sword from the keyhole, tossing it back to the gatekeeper. "Get him to a healing room! Now!" Odin yells at the Warriors Three and Sif. He then turns back and looks at his daughter, he could see the burn on her arm was severe. And it made him angier.

"There won't be a kingdom to protect if you refuse to act." Thor states, his eyes also falling on Eldrid. He wants to see if she's okay, but he knows from one look of her facial expressions told him she was barely holding it together. "The Jotuns must learn to fear me, just as they once feared you." Thor adds to his point.

Loki looks at his sister's arm and she hisses in pain, "You should get to Eir..." Loki whispers to her and she refuses with a shake of her head.

"That's pride and vanity talking, not leadership." Odin says, his voice having lowered and he wasn't yelling anymore. "You've forgotten everything i taught you about a warrior's patience."

"While you wait and be patient, the Nine Realms laugh at us." Thor bites back at his father. "You'd stand giving speeches while Asgard falls."

"You are a vain, greedy, cruel boy!" Odin yells directly at his eldest.

"And you are an old man and a fool!" Thor yells back towards his father just as loud. Eldrid watches two of the most important men in her life fight and tear each other down with words.

"Stop this! Please!" Eldrid yells finally, she was tired and hurting both physically and emotionally. She could not stand watching her family be at each other's throats like this. Her family was everything to her and more. Her whole life was dedicated to her kingdom and family. Her brothers were her protectors and their father looked after them all. Their mother was the one that could soothe the savage beast of any of the men. And Eldrid was the princess, the beloved daughter of the Allfather and Queen.

After moments of pause, both men reflect on their anger and words. Moreso Odin than Thor. "Yes. I was a fool." Odin says, his voice back to it's normal tone.