XVI. Talks of Treason

"My love

"My love...?" Eldrid mumbles from her slumber as she felt their shared bed raise at the departure of her husband. She didn't like sleeping alone anymore, not since she had found her soul's companion. "Where are you going...?" She asks softly as she sat slowly up in bead, pulling the sheet above her chest to cover herself. They couldn't keep their hands off of each other now that they were wed, so they didn't. They reveled in the fact that they were learning things about the other they wouldn't have known if they weren't wed to each other. They intimate things that made the other blush and squirm. Loki thrived on it all. And Eldrid did as well.

Loki looked over and smiles bashfully. "I have matters to attend to, Rose." He says with an ashamed smile that he had work to do. "Do not fret, i'll return shortly." He tells her, stepping over to her side of the bed. His hand cups her cheek as she looks up at him. He could look at her eyes for hours, getting lost in them. They were the windows to her soul. The very essence of who she was laid within her crystal blue eyes. How they sparkled as she got excited for something, or how they would lose their color and brightness when she would be sad and depressed.

He hoped he would never be the cause for her soul to ache. But lying to her was the only way to ensure that what he was going to do would still keep her by his side. Loki couldn't lose her again. He refused.

"But where are you going?" Eldrid asks as a yawn overtakes her and she leans into Loki's hand, finding comfort in the coldness of his skin. The subtle coldness that defined who he was. What he was.

"There's been a disturbance with Mjolnir on Midgard. I intend to make sure nothing disasterous has happened since Father banished Thor along with his favorite hammer." Loki states, he was trying to give as much truth as he could to his beloved angel. He despised lying to her, but he knew it was for the greater good that he do so. And with him being known as the Silver Tongue, lies became natural to him from a young age. He could charm anyone. Lie to anyone. And not have them suspect a thing unless that person was Frigga. Only she could discern his lies from truth.

"Should.. Should i come with?" Eldrid asks in a slight panic. She didn't want anything to happen to her brother and his weapon of choice while they were on Midgard. That was the last thing she wanted.

Her concern for Thor made Loki cringe within but he didn't show it to El. He wouldn't. "No." Loki states quickly. "Should something arise, one of us should still be here." He reminds Eldrid and she sighs with a nod, knowing he's right.

"Alright... but..." Eldrid mumbles, not finishing her sentence and it makes Loki chuckle with a small smile. She was still asleep for the most part, only partly awake. He had tired her out from their thralls earlier when they were alone in the throne room. He had learned when he was younger and El was still on Alfheim that he enjoyed being in the thralls of passion and love making in public. He enjoyed the urgency and the excitement it gave him. And now... now he loved being able to see his beloved wife cry for him on the throne that was now his. The power it made him feel, being able to give his wife something only he could give her. No one else.