XV. Whisperings of Devotion

The soft rays of the morning Asgardian sun broke through Eldrid's chambers

The soft rays of the morning Asgardian sun broke through Eldrid's chambers. The gentle breeze that blew her curtains that were connected to the balcony doorways billowed as morning filled the bedroom. Satin sheets had been tousled throughout the night as the newlyweds consummated their marriage until finally succumbing to their inevitable exhaustion. Limbs laid strewn over others as the husband stirred first from his slumber. The new terminology was something they were still adjusting to but they were eager to use it. They already realized that there was much more to showcasing each other their love as the night drew out. Hands entangled together in the thralls of passion, connecting themselves further than ever. Endless whisperings of devotion. They had wished the night to never end, but then they both realized in their own time throughout the night that they didn't have to wish for that any longer.

For they were married.

They were bound under the eyes of the Nine Realms and their witnesses. Together for all eternity.

No longer did they have to steal glances towards the other as they had once done. No more were there needless wishings and wanderings, overlooking their shoulders to see if they had been followed.

Apprehensions of a new kind now unfolded.

Loki's true parentage frightened him more than he led on, but El could sense it as they laid together. He was fearful that now that he knew, he would have trouble concealing himself. His powers. In the thralls of passion would he accidentally hurt her? He would have none of that. He already was aware of her sensitivity to the cold. Her slight shivers as he first touched her as the night commenced. The shivers of excitement and curiosity.

Eldrid held no fear towards Loki. For she knew him, fully and completely. They had the rest of their lives to worry about trivial fears and misunderstandings. Together they were stronger than any of that.

And as Loki's eyes opened to see his wife still asleep amidst their tangled sheets and limbs; her head on his arm as her leg was over his, their feet entangled together, nothing but a simple, light blue satin sheet covered them. He saw nothing but his beautiful bride, his queen, his angel. His rose. He simply watched her as the morning continued to fill the chamber. The doors to the connecting balcony had been opened to let the cool night breeze in and now they welcomed the crisp morning air.

Loki wondered if he should summon someone to fetch them breakfast, or if one of Eldrid's ladies would draw them a bath. But all of that could wait for when his wife had fully risen.

"My Rose." Loki whispers as he places a gentle kiss on Eldrid's temple. "The world is ours.." He added softly as she stirred underneath him. Her hands found the nape of his neck, gentle fingers ever so slightly scratching the back of his neck, her fingers catching the ends of his hair. One of her signs of love.

"My Darling.." Eldrid whispered back as her eyes opened and adjusted to the morning light. She subconsciously pulled the satin sheet above herself and looked upwards towards her husband.