XVII. Secrets and Lies

Eldrid paced in her chambers, tears threatening to fall as her mind went over the conversations she had with Sif and the Warriors dozens of times

Eldrid paced in her chambers, tears threatening to fall as her mind went over the conversations she had with Sif and the Warriors dozens of times. They couldn't have been right, could they? Her love to Loki, her devotion, was not blinding her. She knew he had flaws, but to her... he was flawless. He was her everything. But some things her friends had said didn't add up with what Loki was doing. Would Loki stoop as low as manipulating her? She couldn't think straight at the possibility. If he was, then did he truly ever love her since her return to Asgard? Or was it all a ploy. El wasn't sure, but that didn't stop her heart from aching. Whether Loki did or not, Eldrid loved him. She loved him so much she felt like she would burst, but it also was causing her much pain.

She needed answers of her own. In this very moment she knew she had not been herself. She'd been consumed by love. Forsaking her true self. Eldrid was done with that way of living, she wanted love, but not at the sake of who she was as a person. She was more than a pawn in people's games.

Her mind quickly thought out a plan of action. She knew the Warriors and Sif were going to get Thor back, that had been their plan since they approached her and Loki in the throne room. So she knew they would go to Heimdall for help whether or not he could was the question they would find out at the Bifrost. Eldrid also knew her father had exiled Thor to Midgard. She had a small collection of Midgardian clothes she had never worn before. And she was going to go with them.

Eldrid quickly changed into a pair of trousers called jeans and a light blue shortsleeved shirt. She plaited her hair and grabbed a pair of her boots. When she felt prepared enough, she teleported to the Bifrost. She looked at Heimdall, his golden eyes on her and he smirked. "You saw everything."

"I always see everything, Princess." Heimdall quips back to her.

"Then you know why i'm here." Eldrid states.

"I do. Which is why i summoned the Warriors Three and Lady Sif." Heimdall states and Eldird's eyes widen but her lips quirk into a small smile at how intuitive Heimdall can be.

"You must know that helping us is treason." Eldrid says softly as she moves to stand in front of the steps. She knew Heimdall was smarter than most. He knew the laws better than anyone most days.

"Not if i do not help." Heimdall states in reply and he looks down at Eldrid, "You must know this will displease the king."

"It will infuriate him." Eldrid says with a sigh as she looks out at the Rainbow Bridge, waiting for her friends to arrive. "But that does not matter right now. I will make it up to him later on when Thor is home and things are right again."

"Are they not right now?" Heimdall asked curiously, he knew the answer to his question, but he wanted to hear Eldrid's take on it.

"No. Something does not sit well with me. I cannot place it, but it drives me to find the answers i seek."