V. Mother's Intuition

Breakfast for Eldrid and Loki took on a whole different meaning as Loki parted Eldrid's chambers before it was time for the servants to come in and prepare the royals for the new day

Breakfast for Eldrid and Loki took on a whole different meaning as Loki parted Eldrid's chambers before it was time for the servants to come in and prepare the royals for the new day. They could feel it inside of them that it was different, even though they had appearances to maintain. The subtle glances towards each other meant more than they ever had before. The slight touches left more lingering emotions. They truly felt as if they were Romeo and Juliet in some ways, their love was forbidden and a secret. But one they would do everything they could to keep it alive.

Thor was regaling stories of his past days away with Sif and the Warriors Three, as they were now being called. He had been gone during all this time and had only just heard the news that Eldrid was leaving for a diplomatic mission. He knew that if anyone could create peace with the elves, his sister could. She was the only one aside from their mother who could stop Loki and Thor from fighting and killing each other when they spat, and that was no easy feat.

The Queen, who was seated beside her husband, watched her children closely. A soft smile on her face as she listened to Thor's stories. But when she glanced over to look at her two youngest, she could sense something had shifted. And she wanted to know what had changed, she wanted to know if her theory was right.

"My petal," Frigga called towards her daughter, silencing Thor's boisterous tales and eyes turned to look at Eldrid and Frigga. "You are being too quiet this morning, child." She said as her eyes ever so slightly drifted to Loki who sat beside his sister like every meal. "I hope you are not too worried about your mission."

Eldrid set her fork down and looked up at her mother, she knew instantly that Frigga had suspicions. She knew her mother watched everything that happened throughout the palace. Her ladies in waiting were trained in knowing the ins and outs and reporting what they learned back to their queen.

"Ellie will be amazing! Her skills of diplomacy are far beyond my own, which isn't much." Thor says with a wide grin on his face, "I'm sure she will accomplish her goal and maybe even more." He says, trying to help ease his sister's nerves. He knew she was anxious and scared about doing well and reaching her goal of peace. He had no doubts in his sister's skill of diplomacy.

Eldrid dips her head with a smile and blushes at her brother's confidence in her. "You flatter me, brother." She teases and Thor simply shrugs with a grin.

"It is not flattery if it is true." He teases back and Eldrid smirks. "Though, perhaps it is a form of flattery."

"Boasting." Loki interjects as he sets his napkin down beside his plate. "That is what you are doing, brother." He states and Thor tilts his head, waiting for the explanation. "You're boasting about El's talents but she does not see it as such." He explains and then looks at Eldrid, "She will do her best, and she will not fail because it is not in her nature to do so, despite the doubts that plague her mind." Loki says to his sister and Eldrid looks up at Loki with a kind smile.